WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Would love your opinions please

accents4you2
03-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi ladies,

So if you come to this section, you're probably into jewelry, fashion, and or accessories. I'm loving Initial Outfitters new Spring line. "Something" keeps drawing me back to this company. If you're not familiar with them, I'd love for you to check them out, and let me know what you think..

Just kind of conducting a mini test market here..

Would love to hear your opinion...PMs are fine too.

Thanks

poncesand
03-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi there, I love, love, love a lot of their bags & totes! But I'm not liking their new line of jewelry...it's just not for my taste. :)

nv93446
03-01-2014, 08:45 PM
I've always thought IO has really cute items! If this is something you're nuts about, go for it and share with those that love them too.

accents4you2
03-02-2014, 10:03 AM
I've always thought IO has really cute items! If this is something you're nuts about, go for it and share with those that love them too.

Like ^^^^ both comments..

Thanks for the input ladies. I appreciate it..

Kimberly Smith Harp
03-19-2014, 08:57 AM
I am an independent consultant for Initial Outfitters and love their products. I have had great response with costumers and have not had any complaints. I love the fact that products are continuously changing so if there is something you are not a big fan of right now give it a few months and new items will be coming out. If you ever run into a problem the home office is wonderful. For example, I have had to call and change a monogram on an item after an order was submitting. Not only did they change it for me it shipped the same day! I would love to answer any questions you may have.

liz.jewels
03-19-2014, 10:05 AM
I really like the front section of the catalog a lot - especially the vintage gold and vintage silver collection (I think the patina could have been applied more artistically, but I'm just really picky). The sculptured necklaces were awesome and I have seen that look a lot in the past few years but few companies offer it. The silver collection was pretty, and I liked that there were some sterling silver pieces available, so it wasn't exclusively costume. I have a nickel allergy, so I don't really purchase costume jewelry that will sit on my skin. It's good to have options for women like me. I really did not like the exclusively beaded pieces in the back of the catalog. I much preferred the look of the brass pieces up front with a few green or turquoise stones mixed in.

It's nice that, although much of the collection plays on the charm trend, there are plenty of options for women who don't want a jumble of tags on their chests. Something for everyone!

I like the home decorating items and the media accessories, but the bags didn't really call to me, nor did I think they were very unique.

The one thing that struck me as I went through the catalog was WOW - that's a lot of different products to offer! I think it's great on one hand in that there is variety at the party, but on the other hand, it would be hard to figure out how to display and promote it all, and what kind of theme you have at the party.

But if you are passionate about the products and know how you will address those concerns, I'd say you should go for it!

Liz

nv93446
03-19-2014, 11:59 AM
I agree with Liz and think IO offers so many super cute items but I also think too many products can be overwhelming, at least for me. I like simplicity as a business because if I see someone schlepping around that many products it cuts into their business time i.e. setting up. I saw this gal setting up her display once and it looked like it would take at least 1 hr. Then again, another woman might want to see a huge display.

LorettaA
03-23-2014, 07:27 AM
I've always enjoyed browsing their catalog, but I've never purchased. I'm not really into personalization because we frequently donate items when we're done with them and I just feel they are more useful to others if they don't have our initials, names, etc. Just something I'm funny about. I do buy from companies that offer personalization and just skip the personalization option.

accents4you2
03-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Thanks for your opinions ladies. I went to an IO party today and I have to say, I love, love their selection of jewelry. There are so many styles and choices...love that they have fashion jewelry, to sterling, to jewelry that can be either engraved or personalized with "Written from the Heart" charms or regular charms. I also really like their tech accessories, scarves, and accessories, and lots of giftie boutique type items. Brides are loving their wooden monograms for weddings too. Although some women really liked their bags, that probably has to be my least favorite...but I'm really picky about my bags...LOL.

I'm going to be putting together some memory necklaces for my two sisters..and I think they'll really like them. They have some really beautiful things! Really they offer something for everyone! ...even adorable baby bibs...

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1