WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Fins2thrite
02-21-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't have a teaching license, but I do have a bachelor's degree in history and a master's degree in counseling and psychology. Any pointers on how to get started? I don't have teaching experience per se, but I have worked with mentally challenged adults for the past 15 years. Anyone know how to start doing this type of work? Anyone know of anyone hiring "first timers"? Thanks!

sharonklaus8567
02-21-2014, 01:10 PM
To start off, maybe get some school supplies for the age you want to teach. Probably teacher's manuals, which I'm sure they sell online and I don't think you have to "prove" if you are certified. Use any and all resources...books, manuals, the Internet to get the necessary school items like copies of the Constitution. Just build on who you want to teach, and you should do well :)...Sharon

homeandhired
02-21-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm going to PM you.

cibermom
02-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi, I don't have the answer for you, but you might able to find something helpful at our online tutors folder here at WAHM (http://www.wahm.com/forum/online-tutors-103/). Good luck to you!

elph
02-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Definitely follow up on the tutor lead. You are qualified to tutor with those credentials. If you have a car to get to appointments outside your home, you can make a good wage at it too.

jessupsamuel
02-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Plenty of tutoring companies that offer an online platform would hire you.

websurveymom
04-17-2014, 07:59 PM
You may need to post an ad on craiglist or your local newspaper, then hire someone to build a website or do it yourself, later try to search an online tool either free or paid ones, then you can try to use the tools while finding students. This is a good way to tutoring online.

jonrod
04-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Plenty of tutoring companies that offer an online platform would hire you.

I agree with you. Some companies are looking for online tutors who can do all around lessons to kids or do their homeworks etc.

2021allison2021
04-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Hello,

Once I was a certified public school teacher. I was told to tried this website just to get information:
Educate Online : Home (http://www.educate-online.com/)
I hope you have great luck.
Allison