WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Income Producing Activities

daileywealth
01-16-2014, 10:57 AM
A lot of us get bogged down in doing things that are not income generating activities like personal development which is great but is that really producing you money. I'm interested in knowing what are your income generating activities? Maybe if we compile a list this will help us stay on task. For me, blogging is one activity I do where I am offering my expertise.

Angela in Oz
01-16-2014, 11:52 AM
for me, engaging with my facebook audience is one of my most successful income generating activities. Tuning in to what people's needs are, and meeting them is very productive :)

MariaThompson
01-16-2014, 02:10 PM
Such a great thread, dailywealth.

I write fiction in my downtime, and now and again it turns a profit; especially the screenplays.

The most income, though, arises as a result of my passion for books, comics, film memorabilia, and antiques. I collect them for fun, not profit, but in doing so, I'll often come across a bargain.

Looking forward to read your other replies.

Edit:

I must be tired: I misread the post. I thought you meant activities outside of work that generate us income.

We'd be here all day if I listed my income-generating activities, so I'll stick with my rather bizarre reply!

LegacyLeader
01-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Follow up phone calls with potential customers...it's so worth connecting with them about their health needs to further along income generation.

msuggitt
01-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Over the years, I've found promoting online a lot like promoting off line - different products/services should be looked at individually and the advertising and marketing promotional activities therefore won't all look the same.

For instance, I use Traffic Exchanges for ''free and lowcost" opps where my larger ticket items are promoted using a much more targeting approach and wouldn't do well promoting on TE's. And while writing articles may work great for one type of (item/product/service) other activities such as buying google ads may work better for others.

My advise goes back to my college advertising training> no matter what you are selling, you will get the best results getting your message in front of the people who not only WANT or NEED your product BUT ALSO have the means to buy it..... so you need to go 'moose' hunting so to speak by finding out where your customers are online.

And once you start making sales or getting sign-ups>> duplicate, duplicate, duplicate on a larger scale. That becomes where we put our focus and efforts for that specific product/service..... and track your advertising methods so you can see for yourself where your sales/signups are coming from.

talfighel
02-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Personal development is a MUST every single day.

Depends on what your main business online is, you need to figure out what will move you forward.

If you are in affiliate network marketing and have to capture leads and then follow up with them then you taks everyday is to make sure that you get 10-100 leads.

How do you get those number of leads?

You test marketing sources and see which ones work best. Once you know what works, you scale up your actions in what ever is working for you.

DarioMontesdeOca
02-19-2014, 06:02 AM
Here are mine:

Post in forums (ironic, isn't it?)
Build backlinks
Post articles
Facebook
Post Craigslist ads
Email subscriber list
Attend social events and ask others what they're biggest problems are, having referrals for the person I'm talking to is key
Fund my investment account

All of these, in my world, are income generating activities

humpt
03-14-2014, 10:56 PM
For me, I recently doing business for Resellers.Reseller is nothing but fixing profitable rates for Products or services to earn money..To do this business we need to have reseller account.I got this reseller account from Goresellers.com (http://www.goresellers.com/) then they provide a E-mail accounts,Hosting plans, etc,..after i fixed rate for those service .Then they returned me back the commission amount for those services after selling..

JoTracy
03-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Building an email list, writing articles for some of my niche sites to keep things fresh, and networking on Twitter are some of the most profitable activities I engage in on a daily basis. Browsing forums and blogs for new ideas and connections may not generate immediate leads or income, but it certainly does add to your ability as a marketer to improve those things.

lisadlastdegree
03-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Yes its so easy to get distracted always doing training and watching the facebook newsfeed. Income product activities for me include: producing content (a video or blog post), sending an email and promoting my content.

msuggitt
03-19-2014, 03:02 PM
A lot of us get bogged down in doing things that are not income generating activities like personal development which is great but is that really producing you money. I'm interested in knowing what are your income generating activities? Maybe if we compile a list this will help us stay on task. For me, blogging is one activity I do where I am offering my expertise.

In regards to affiliate marketing efforts by far the biggest return on my investment (time AND money) has been through paid advertising sources - and although I have come to really enjoy creating free traffic. leads and sales it really has been through investing money in various advertising vehicles that has put money into my bank on a larger scale. Plus results can normally be seen much quicker > one good ad placed in the right spot can bring in all kinds of sales aka money in the bank IF done properly.

jucbad
03-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Skype marketing is one of the ways I use to build my businesses.

Sarahml
03-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Writing articles for my niche websites and constantly creating tiered backlinks to keep traffic up. Also working on my blog in my spare time, which will hopefully be a source of income for me as well.

deeva58
03-22-2014, 12:32 PM
I am constantly in the process of creating my own digital products which I sell back and plan to create a membership site to house them in one day soon :-)
Ebooks, videos, podcasts, etc. have all helped with income.
Additionally, networking has proven extremely beneficial in building my list and thereby increasing my income. Guest blogging and interviewing well-known names in my niche on my podcast has helped a lot as well. I don't do much affiliate marketing but I have earned some money on the side that way too.

QueenMaa
04-22-2014, 06:45 PM
I blog and I have written articles on other writing platforms. I utilize G+ and twitter. I participate in social media networking communities. I use safelists, freeadboards, and viral advertising sites. The main thing that I am working to do is stay consistent. I have seen some results. Hopefully, the more consistent I am the better results I will get.

jerrylewis
04-24-2014, 08:43 AM
It likes habit, you must do it daily until you know the way to do and outsource it.

Ggit303
04-24-2014, 11:41 AM
It is easy to get distracted when you work from home. If you are organized, and stick to a work schedule things usually work out. I set aside a certain amount of hours per week for learning and a certain amount for promoting. The rest of my time is spent on actual work activities, to bring in some money (mainly producing content for the internet).

saomiller
04-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Oh... good question! Though personal development and learning can indirectly lead to more income (if applied). But my core income generating activities fall into the following buckets:

1. Marketing to generate new leads - off-line and online networking, blogging, forum posting, social media, etc.
2. Marketing to existing leads - this is basically my email list. So creating content to lead my email subscribers to my products.
3. Creating and refining products to sell.

Robert0
05-21-2014, 04:46 AM
My income producing activity is attracting bunch of traffic through sending emails......

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1