WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Amazon?

janny108
12-16-2013, 07:57 AM
What do people do with Amazon to make money?

danasurvey
12-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Basically, you earn a commission when people make purchases.

You can read more about it here:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/

janny108
12-16-2013, 02:50 PM
What are the websites required to be an Amazon associate?

QueenMaa
12-18-2013, 11:32 AM
You can be a website owner or a blogger. Amazon has a huge niche so practically anyone can be an affiliate. It's not just about selling books anymore. They sell clothes, shoes, kitchen products,etc. Amazon has a very vast audience.

MariaThompson
12-19-2013, 05:55 PM
I do well with Amazon in two ways:

1. Kindle Publishing

2. Amazon Associates

If you need specific help, just post questions below.

With KDP, I write books and pay others to write some for me, and I'll sell these via Kindle. I could probably write 500 pages on this alone, so fire away if interested.

When it comes to promoting their products (non-kindle), I cover dozens of niches with a vast array of platforms: blogs, authority sites, communities, video marketing, and so forth. Again, ask away if you like.

LilBlackDress
12-19-2013, 10:44 PM
You can make money with Amazon selling goods on there such as used books and other items.

You can make money with Amazon as an affiliate selling their products.

You can make money with Amazon as a Kindle publisher.

Jannie
12-24-2013, 01:48 PM
We just sold a used Sega Genesis game system on Amazon quite quickly in fact. Also, we sell used books on there as well as collectibles, such as Princess House candle holders and glasses. What's nice is that you can put something on Amazon and just let it sit there, no problem, until it sells. No fussing around and having to re-list if you don't have the time or inclination to do that.

Have also sold some older VCR tapes at times. One, a set of several tapes about King Henry VIII, sold fairly quickly for a good amount.

Just a few ideas ...

J

MariaThompson
12-29-2013, 11:01 AM
We just sold a used Sega Genesis game system on Amazon quite quickly in fact. Also, we sell used books on there as well as collectibles, such as Princess House candle holders and glasses. What's nice is that you can put something on Amazon and just let it sit there, no problem, until it sells. No fussing around and having to re-list if you don't have the time or inclination to do that.

Have also sold some older VCR tapes at times. One, a set of several tapes about King Henry VIII, sold fairly quickly for a good amount.

Just a few ideas ...

J

Great ideas, Jannie. Thank you!

I stick to Kindle and their associates program, but I can see huge potential in selling your own physical items. I seem to remember someone I knew selling books and doing quite well, but I don't recall the ins and outs.

LilBlackDress
12-30-2013, 08:02 AM
I have been selling my physical items on Amazon for years. Very easy to do.

If you want to make a business of it, you can also get into buying items for resale. You can also use Amazon's FBA where they will pack and ship your goods for you.

Dugsmom
12-31-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm not very familiar with all the affiliate programs but I signed up with this one just because. I actually made money off it. Not much but I got a paycheck. This was a blog that I updated every now and then...I never intended on making money off this one. It was a just for fun blog but I'm thinking of really working it this year. If I can make money without even trying imagine how much more can be made if I put in some effort!!! The point of all this is you can definitely make money with Amazon!!! Good Luck!

Ziva
01-09-2014, 02:53 PM
I make money on Amazon with Kindle publishing. It is a good, solid way to develop consistent passive income. You don't even have to be a writer because every part of the ebook creation process can be outsourced, including writing the ebook, cover design and creation, editing, formatting, marketing, etc.. If your main intention with Kindle publishing is income, it is important to do some research into what niches are selling well and choose your title and key words accordingly. Like a previous poster mentioned, there is so much info about Kindle publishing to learn and apply. If you're interested in it, the best thing to do is seek out courses and info to learn the process, jump in and start doing it. There is so much potential with this! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send them my way.

:)

Carmen29
01-28-2014, 11:23 AM
I have been selling my physical items on Amazon for years. Very easy to do.

If you want to make a business of it, you can also get into buying items for resale. You can also use Amazon's FBA where they will pack and ship your goods for you.

This is what I want to do, too. Right now I'm only an Affiliate and I have a little eBook that I "try" to sell, lol. I'm a patient person, though. My real goal, though, is to register a business name officially this year, do all of my state and federal legalities, so that I can buy products at wholesale prices and resell them on Amazon. I already have it all figured out in my little "ring binder," lol. It'll be an investment, but I know it'll be worth it.

Carmen29
01-28-2014, 11:26 AM
There's a lot of ways to make money with Amazon. You can make money as an Affiliate. You can write articles with links to products within your articles. If you have a website or blog, you can post Amazon banners linking back to Amazon. If anyone makes a purchase, you get a small commission. The more sales you make, the higher your commissions are. You could write and sell eBooks on Amazon. You can buy products at wholesale prices and resell them. They're so much you can do and Amazon makes it easy for you to get started. I love working with them and I love shopping with them. It's one of my favorite sites and most people trust amazon, so it's great.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1