WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Need Suggestions

mssamantha72
11-29-2013, 06:37 PM
I am due in March 2014 with our last baby. I work from home in customer service and will be taking maternity leave.

I just need some suggestions on how to get into a routine with the baby before getting back to work since I cannot have any back ground noises.

I was thinking of bottle feeding and breast feeding baby till hubby gets off work since he is active duty Army and comes home around 6:00 pm. I have older kids ages 3 to 18. Now the 18 year old no longer lives with us since he is grown and decided to move out. Our next oldest is 13 and 11, they both help with the 3 and 7 year old. Having a newborn of course I would never leave them alone with a newborn even though we are on the same floor where I work so I can hear them.

I just want to be able to continue working from home so I am not working to pay for childcare of course.

Thanks for any tips and suggestions.

danasurvey
11-29-2013, 07:00 PM
From my experience, getting a newborn into a routine can be tough. Often it seems they set the routine.

Would it be possible for you to work some hours opposite to your husband? That way, he could watch the baby while you are doing your work at home job.

Best of luck. :)

mssamantha72
11-29-2013, 07:14 PM
From my experience, getting a newborn into a routine can be tough. Often it seems they set the routine.

Would it be possible for you to work some hours opposite to your husband? That way, he could watch the baby while you are doing your work at home job.

Best of luck. :)

My schedule is anywhere between 4 pm and 1 am. So he is always home an hour or so after I start my shift. I think I can manage. I cannot work days because I would be taking off from work way too much due to appointments and the kids I take them to and from school everyday. So working 4 pm and after works better for me.

CynthiaW
12-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Hey Ms Samantha,

I agree with Dana. It seems like the newborn creates the schedule, unfortunately. My only suggestion is to be sure you have as much organization as possible with the rest of the family so that when "newborn baby hiccups" occur, they keep on their schedules. I hope that makes sense.

Also, I just want to give you a High Five! What a wonderfully blessed family you have. :) And a Military one at that. HOOAH!!! Go ARMY!

My hat's off to you.

Hugs and many continued blessings. I'm sure it will all work out.

Cynthia