WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Earning your 10 free pieces

liz.jewels
11-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Just wondering how other reps are feeling about their ability to earn the 10-piece set from the spring collection as part of the "Season to Sell" promotion.

I received my email about my numbers last year and I remembered being very busy personally and not doing as much with Silpada, but my numbers were still pretty good. I do think, though, that this incentive is totally doable and I will have it, no problem.

Just to clarify, I went back and looked through the rules and there are TWO ways to earn for seasoned reps. One is more focused on consistency - sell $800 PCV more than you did last year in each of the three months in the period. That's approximately one extra party per month based on the national party average.

If you miss that goal in a month, then you need to sell cumulative $3500 PCV more than your cumulative PCV for that period last year. That's about 5 parties.

So, it's certainly easier to make the goal if you can spread out your parties, but if you have a really big month, you could hit it regardless. So if you miss a month, all the more incentive to book BIG in January!

Anyone hear what the value of the 10-piece set will be? Wonder when they will tell us that. As someone who works my biz part-time, I am always excited when there are promotions I actually have a good chance of earning. So far, this year has been chock full of them!

liz.jewels
11-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Stage one complete! Hit my goal for November and focused now on December and January.

Anyone else making progress towards your 10 free pieces?

cabimom
11-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Congratulations for being on target! Are you finding it easier to book parties this year than last year? I mentioned I went to a party recently and noticed the price points are really great. There are still some higher end pieces but for the most part you can get some really nice things for under $50! Also, didn't the requirements change for a qualified show? Is that helping too?

liz.jewels
11-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Hi Cheryl!

Yes, I have found it easier to book parties. While there are still women who don't want to right now because of the economy, they are far fewer than they were in the past. I also have been more focused on my business this year, so I think it's a combination of the two things together.

And you are right that we changed the standards for a qualifying party. Now it's 6 orders and $500 in sales. And with just 3 orders and $200 in sales, they at least get a half-price item and $30 in free jewelry. So, that helps make a small party or a book party a little more worthwhile, especially if someone really likes an expensive piece and is willing to pay half-price.

Like you, I am very excited about the range of price points we offer. I have part of my display where I feature some of my favorite pieces under $50. I show it to people during my "scoop" as a great part of my display to look if they are gift shopping (but then I also remind them that there are many more pieces under $50 across the rest of my display).

I am very excoted to carry this positive momentum into 2014!