WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

pamtonio
10-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Hi All,

Trying to find a work at home job/career. Have any of you found any success affiliate marketing? Or, what other stay at home jobs have been successful for you? I would appreciate any input. I am tired of being a waitress! Also, how did you decide to become a work at home mom?

Thank you!

AllanJames
10-13-2013, 02:17 AM
Hi All,

Trying to find a work at home job/career. Have any of you found any success affiliate marketing? Or, what other stay at home jobs have been successful for you? I would appreciate any input. I am tired of being a waitress! Also, how did you decide to become a work at home mom?

Actually I'm a work at home Dad, but don't hold it against me. :)

And, yes, it was affiliate marketing that drove me into the comfort of my home office.

How much do you know about affiliate marketing? If it's a bit sketchy this video at MediaFileShare by Joel Comm (a very experienced affiliate marketer) will fill the gaps in for you and give you many valuable pointers.
Outrageous, crazy, funny, scary, interesting videos! (http://www.MediaFileShare.com/video/8220)

Then you need too:

1) Grab hold of some good affiliate training.

2) Sell essential services ie Hosting, Autoresponder services, ad and url trackers etc.

I wish you well with it!

DSAldridge
10-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Actually I'm a work at home Dad, but don't hold it against me. :)

And, yes, it was affiliate marketing that drove me into the comfort of my home office.

How much do you know about affiliate marketing? If it's a bit sketchy this video at MediaFileShare by Joel Comm (a very experienced affiliate marketer) will fill the gaps in for you and give you many valuable pointers.
Outrageous, crazy, funny, scary, interesting videos! (http://www.MediaFileShare.com/video/8220)

Then you need too:

1) Grab hold of some good affiliate training.

2) Sell essential services ie Hosting, Autoresponder services, ad and url trackers etc.

I wish you well with it!

Good information! I've been reading and reading on affiliate marketing, and this is some of the best stuff I've seen.

danasurvey
10-13-2013, 07:53 AM
pamtonio,

I fell into the free money making niche over 7 years ago and I've been with it ever since. I love it. :)

I agree with DSAldridge. Allan posted some great information!

geargirl113
10-13-2013, 08:07 AM
I started out freelance writing as my work from home opportunity. I soon got burnt out writing for other people and found my way to affiliate marketing.

DSAldridge
10-13-2013, 09:31 AM
I started out freelance writing as my work from home opportunity. I soon got burnt out writing for other people and found my way to affiliate marketing.

That's where I am right now. Rates are falling as more overseas writers enter the market. I'm going to let affiliate marketing be my concentration and writing my backup now.

lcooper09
10-14-2013, 02:15 PM
There is a lot of money to be made in affiliate marketing but it doesn't happen over night. There are also other ways to make money online such as writing articles, transcription, and legitimate mystery shopping.

carlamae
10-19-2013, 08:53 AM
I decided to become a wahm when my 2nd son was born. I agree to get good affiliate training. Learn automation early on and focus on finding the exact niche you want to pursue because it is very easy to get lured around from one shiny object to the next when you get online. Also, create yourself a schedule you can stick to because it can get very overwhelming....having said all that, there is nothing better than the playground they call the internet! Enjoy, my friend!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1