WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : what is affiliate marketing?

stillthesame
09-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Hello world, am interested in affiliate marketing. so please, guide me what i have to do and how to do it.

smna1586
09-04-2013, 01:15 PM
You're asking a question that is too broad to answer. It'll be more easier for your if you start with a specific question.

Anyway, here's Affiliate Marketing in short:

You signup with a affiliate network or program and start promoting their products. When someone purchases something then you'll be awarded with a commission for that sale. It's like working as a commission agent.

ClickBank, Amazon Associates Program, Commission Junctions are top affiliate networks but there are thousands more.

Start by signing up with a network and then start learning, eventually you'll get there.

Hope this helps.

EveliinaK
09-05-2013, 04:11 AM
Here's a good article about affiliate marketing:
Affiliate Marketing 101 - What You Need to Know (http://ezinearticles.com/?Affiliate-Marketing-101---What-You-Need-to-Know&id=7956607)

RetailTrail
09-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Before you sign up with Affiliate Networks, you need to figure out what you are going to promote, then make a website about it and then try to sign up with those Networks. I would go with Commission Junction, then try the others. Clickbank is a good one too

AllanJames
09-29-2013, 02:25 AM
Hello world, am interested in affiliate marketing. so please, guide me what i have to do and how to do it.

This video at MediaFileShare by Joel Comm (a very experienced marketer) will explain what affiliate marketing is and give you many valuable pointers.
Outrageous, crazy, funny, scary, interesting videos! (http://www.MediaFileShare.com/video/8220)

DSAldridge
09-29-2013, 07:34 AM
This video at MediaFileShare by Joel Comm (a very experienced marketer) will explain what affiliate marketing is and give you many valuable pointers.
Outrageous, crazy, funny, scary, interesting videos! (http://www.MediaFileShare.com/video/8220)

Thanks, I didn't know about this video. Very valuable information.

zbrandia
09-29-2013, 04:56 PM
I agree with everyone has already posted. I also would like to add the in a nutshell, it basically being paid to advertise someone else's product. Affiliate Marketing can be tough and requires time and patience to build. But that can be said for any business. However Affiliate Marketing is probably the easiest and cheapest way to start earning money on online.

makeupunder
09-30-2013, 06:48 AM
I believe affiliate marketing is when you advertise other companies ideas, services through linking text, posting banners, or other promotional tools for a commission. It can be on a per click, impressions, or views basis. At least that is what I think.

AllanJames
09-30-2013, 02:17 PM
1-Research affliate programs. Find out which products are most popular and what is its conversion rate. Visit the seller's website to see whether their sales letters are enough to generate sales. A conversion rate of 5% is reasonably good. This means that for every 100 people landing on your merchantís website, 5 visitors will place an order.
2-Choose a program that offers recurring commissions that compound each month as you refer more customers.
3-Promote an affiliate program through a website. You will have more options in sending potential buyers to your affiliate programs if you create a website to promote your affiliate programs. Visiting other professional websites of your niche is a good way to get some ideas on how to design your website.
4-Make your website content relevant. For example, if your affiliate sells e-books, you can write a review or make a YouTube video for each e-book with an affiliate link to the sales website.
5-Drive targeted traffic to your website. To earn affiliate commission you need to drive targeted traffic to your website. The more traffic your website gets, the more likely youíll generate sales.

I find it interesting that so many people seem to have the idea that you need a website to make money through affiliate marketing, when it's only one option - and a slow way to produce sales given that it takes so long to get decent traffic through SEO.

Faster results (like cash in hand today) can be achieved by sending potential buyers directly to the vendors sales page. For example, I can use PPV to send as many as 1000 people an hour to a vendors page.

A better way to achieve much higher conversions from a traffic source though is to send people to a Capture (optin) page where they can subscribe to a followup series of email messages. This is very effective because it has been shown that, on average, people need to be exposed to an offer seven times before they will make a buying decision.

I can even go as far as to say with total confidence that if you're not using an autoresponder to followup with people you are doing it wrong - read about my friend Darryl's $500K Mistake at this page (in the top left of the page)
12 Second Commute | Autoresponder | List Building Tools (http://www.12path.com/forums/12SecondCommute/)

My story is much the same.

I do have a website, but it's a free affiliate training site not primarily for sales.

carlamae
10-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Watch some tutorials on youtube to get a better feel for things.

MariaThompson
10-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Advertisers who own a product (say an e-book) will either create their own affiliate program or go to another network (like Clickbank). You, the affiliate, then promote their promotes and get paid.

fxmagnet sense
11-11-2013, 11:05 PM
1. pick an offer
2. drive targeted traffic to that offer.
3. cha ching... you make money

loads of ways to drive traffic to your offer, if you don't know how, you must learn while doing affiliate marketing

YoutubeMoviesWorld
11-12-2013, 02:39 AM
affiliate marketing is a program like google adsense but it is little different.
it also offer people to earn money through their products or program promotions...

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1