WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Interested in Lia Sophia I think?

momtoaea
09-03-2013, 12:08 PM
I like Lia Sophia and have always had positive experiences with it. I am not interested in selling it, but being able to get a 70% discount sounds fabulous. What's the downside?

The obvious is maintaing a the $250/quarter...(is that right?)...but what else do I need to know?

Thanks for the help in deciding!

liz.jewels
09-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Good question! Hopefully reps who know a lot about that particular company will chime in.

My initial response to you, as someone who had much the same attitude when I started, is this:

If you love the jewelry, and are going to sign up to get a bunch of jewelry at a discount, why not give the business a try? Host your own party as a hostess and rep. You'll earn money and free jewelry, and get to see how you like it. A few people at that party may want free and discounted jewelry, so ask them to host and go do their parties. Call a few people you know who love jewelry and see if they would like to get some free.

Just try the business out - host 3-6 parties in your first 90 days. You'll likely be able to earn some money, which will offset the cost of your discounted personal jewelry. You may earn some free jewelry (not sure what Lia Sophia's incentives are, but most companies have some, especially for new reps). You'll also be able to get enough parties under your belt to get over your initial apprehension and decide whether the business is really for you or not.

I signed up for Silpada Designs back in 2010 thinking, "well, I love the jewelry and there is a great discount. I love hosting and attending home parties, but don't see myself as a rep. What's the worst that can happen? I get a ton of great jewelry at a huge discount but never work the business - I can live with that."

But I gave it a genuine effort and was surprised at how easy it went and how well I did in my first 90 days. I held 5 parties, had a great time, helped hostesses get free jewelry, and made more money than I expected to make. And so, I decided to keep going. I'm now in my 4th year.

So, if you love the jewelry enough to sign up, my advice to you is to give it a real try and see what you think. You never know what might happen!

Crissy
09-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi,
I am in total agreement with Liz!!! I have been with lia sophia for 6 years now. I hosted parties for about 1 1/2 years before I decided to sign up so I could earn lots of Free jewelry and my discount! Well, I took the challenge of actually giving this business a try, and I was hooked!

As Liz stated, you can earn so much free jewelry when you start if you just make a commitment to do 1 party a week. With our Smart Start Program you can earn up to $800 in jewelry of your choice. And that is on top of your paychecks!

Feel free to message me with your questions :)

momtoaea
09-05-2013, 02:10 PM
So it sounds like there is no reason I couldn't do this. I get the try the business thing. But there is no actual downside to joining if I don't do the business?

Do I have to have someone to sign up under? I'm not sure who I would sign up under if I did that...

Crissy
09-05-2013, 04:39 PM
I will message you my contact info and we can chat about signing up :)

Crissy
09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
I am not sure if my pm went through so please message me if it did not:)

momtoaea
09-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I didn't get anything Chrissy.

Crissy
09-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Ok I sent a new pm

gajewelrylady
09-10-2013, 07:01 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but if you're signing up to get the 70% discount you're going to be disappointed. That discount is only for samples and you can only order one of each item. If you want to purchase the jewelry at a discount you'll use the Customer Save Plan like every other customer, but you will get paid on your purchases.

momtoaea
09-11-2013, 09:01 AM
I have two questions...

1. Do you get to select your sample size?

and

2. Why would I want more than 1 of each piece? Serious question...if it's just for me, I'd only want, one...right? I'm trying to understand your perspective as I decide.

Thanks!

Crissy
09-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes you get to select sizes in your samples.

If you are just doing this for yourself, you would only want 1 of each piece you love. But it would be cheaper to hold a party and get them for FREE or Hostess price. For example, 70% off a $100 item is $30. When you have a qualified party, you get 4 items at hostess price. So that $100 item is just $15! Plus, you get 5 items at 50% off and your Free pieces.

If you just want the 70% off discount, it is not worth it. But if you want your bling at an even bigger discount, having a party is the way to go. Lots of us do facebook parties as well as home parties for those who live far away.

Let me know if you have other questions :)

Leanne McGarr
10-26-2013, 06:37 PM
I have two questions...

1. Do you get to select your sample size?

and

2. Why would I want more than 1 of each piece? Serious question...if it's just for me, I'd only want, one...right? I'm trying to understand your perspective as I decide.

Thanks!

I haven't sold Lia Sophia in awhile but one thing hasn't been pointed out. It is possible it has changed since I sold but the big downside to the 70% off versus the Customer Save Plan is that you do not get a guarantee on the sample. If something happens to it, it doesn't have the replacement guarantee. Even when I sold, I generally purchased like I was a customer so I could get the guarantee. I would then be rebated back my commission. Which is usually 30%. So if you get something small for the regular price and then get the 50% offs and then are rebated back the 30% of the whole thing, it usually works about the same and you don't have to worry with staying active and such.

Not to mention, when you join, you buy a kit of items that may not be what you want.

Just another perspective :)
Leanne

AnneP
10-27-2013, 04:41 AM
Just to clarify, for anyone interested in the business, rather than in purchasing for their own use, samples *are* guaranteed until they retire. Once they retire, they are considered collector's items and make great booking gifts/enticements for people to host a party. :)

gerke627
10-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi momtoaea! The only reason I could think that you would want more than one of an item is to stack them. As an example, I like to wear multiple of the same bracelet (as seen in many of the catalog images). Otherwise you can order anything in the catalog at hostess pricing ($15 for items priced under $100, $20 for items priced $101-$120, $25 for items priced $121-$130, etc.). I've been selling lia sophia for 6 months and signed on for the same reason you're considering it. Doing a $250 or "qualified" party is a breeze (I've actually done a few with me as the hostess and had just two orders to qualify and get the free shopping spree items), and you only need one "qualified party" per quarter. Good luck!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1