WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : affiliate yes or no

kgsantosh
09-03-2013, 03:45 AM
Are these affiliate sites are honest to the clients. Some are offcourse but many are fake.

poojakapur
09-03-2013, 05:33 AM
In my perspections, affliated sites are almost true only. But there some spam bots are there whose are fake one.

smna1586
09-04-2013, 01:31 PM
You might be right, some of these affiliate sites are not as real as it seems to be but then again you can always do some background check to learn more about these sites.

For me, faking is a kind of spamming. So, when you start building affiliate sites then try to be honest. That'll not stop people from faking but it'll definitely raise the number of legit sites.

Being optimistic should be the way to look.

danasurvey
09-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Amazon has an affiliate program and they are not fake. :)

There are a lot of legitimate opportunities out there. Do your research before jumping in.

healthysolutions
09-06-2013, 07:20 PM
I believe there is good and bad in everything. Just look into whatever program that interest you.

Max Greenflame
09-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Definitely most affiliates lie

angienewton
09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
There are a TON of legitimate affiliate networks and websites/blogs. What are you looking for exactly.

The comment above is totally off base and NOT true.

SQ625
09-10-2013, 11:32 AM
It has been my experience that the majority of affiliate programs are legitimate but you have to be careful that the products that you are selling are honest.

AllanJames
09-12-2013, 09:23 PM
There are a TON of legitimate affiliate networks and websites/blogs. What are you looking for exactly.

Too true!

And it's not very difficult to find the most ethical ones. Just look and see if they list a contact phone number. Then ring it.

stillthesame
09-13-2013, 04:05 AM
As per my experience many are fake and some are legit .so, find reviews and proceed its good .

Anna_Bella
09-13-2013, 05:15 AM
We can't be so sure that all those sites will be the same. My option is getting a review about a site before we spend on them is very important

MonaT
09-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Has anyone heard of clickbank? Is this legit?

angienewton
09-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Yes Clickbank is legit:)

LilBlackDress
09-17-2013, 02:29 PM
There are tons of quality real affiliate sites. These include Shareasale, Commission Junction, Clickbank,
Offershot, and Amazon ...and that is just a few.

j007w
09-18-2013, 08:06 PM

I absolutely agree. I've been an IT/web consultant for over 13 years. There are many legitimate affiliate programs out there.

christophermc
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM
I've been doing affiliate marketing for about 3 years. I've had good success with Amazon they are my favorite although their commissions are low. I have never run into an affiliate program that wasn't honest. I would stay away from click bank though.

Not because they are dishonest but because the stuff they sell is mostly digital stuff people can find online for free. Once the buyer realizes that, they do refunds and you lose your commission. Happens all the time. Start with amazon or CJ.

Sue McBay
09-23-2013, 08:27 PM
My marketing system pays affiliate income and they even place people on my team on a rotator basis. I don't market it, it just happens. :)
I have not found them to be a scam at all.
But I suppose scams are out there.
As always buyer beware!

SUGAROXO
09-24-2013, 06:35 AM
It really just depends, there are some PTC sites that are DEFINITE scams.
But then there are affiliate sites like Instant Rewards and ZNZ that are very real and pay really well if you can get the referrals in!!

RetailTrail
09-26-2013, 11:24 AM
There are always going to be a few bad ones in the bunch but for the most part, they should be good. The best bet is to stick with Networks like Commission Junction, Click Bank, Linkshare. They are very reputable.

NicoleEvaBrodie
10-03-2013, 07:50 AM
places like clickbank have a great reputation and you can get some good affiliate links from there... just be diligent and keep your eyes open.

beadrbop
10-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Definitely check out reviews. Yes there are many ethical decent affiliate programs but you have to do some digging. Amazon is a good company.

~ Rosie ~
10-03-2013, 03:35 PM
I agree with Angie... There are MANY affiliates and affiliate networks that are on the up and up.

I am an affiliate for many companies and products, and I never promote anything I have not personally checked out myself. I'm extremely picky.

I also have a PLR Shoppe where I have affiliates and always pay on time and am completely honest with them.

I also like DigiResults and JVZoo, so you may check these networks out.

Hope to help. :)

- Carol Amato

Pmdmt9
10-06-2013, 03:27 PM
I think most affiliate sites are legit, but as with everything in life, you will always find the bad apples. Use your judgment and do some research.

SarahMi
10-06-2013, 04:58 PM
I am currently an affiliate with over 2500 online store ( mostly i don't have problem with ) but I can't say i never run in troubles with them.

I would always check their affiliate program review. It helps

AllanJames
10-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Some popular affliates are not fake like host gator, click bank, amazon, chitika etc.

You seem to be confused. None of those are affiliates. They are all suppliers or vendors.

An affiliate is a person who receives a commission for referring a buyer to a supplier or vendor and a sale takes place.

For more information see my previous post here:
http://www.wahm.com/forum/site-related-45/643924-please-help-me-find-real-work-home-job.html#post2974981

Dilynn
10-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Please check your resources for affiliate programs. There are many very large corporations that will pay you a very nice income to market their products. I think if you learn step by step how to be an affiliate marketer you will be pleasantly surprised. Educate yourself and you won't be disappointed. Best of luck!:)

MariaThompson
10-29-2013, 11:27 AM
The bigger networks are MORE honest. In all honest, most advertisers shave, but it's part and parcel of doing business.

Louidam1
11-06-2013, 12:15 PM
If you come to a affiliate program you're interested in joining just do your research first.

MariaThompson
11-06-2013, 01:54 PM
True, but no amount of research will stop shaving. Not that research isn't important, obviously. I might lose a bet if I suggested every program did it, but it would be a bet I'd be willing to take for a few hundred bucks.

fxmagnet sense
11-11-2013, 11:03 PM
yes, most affiliate sites that I'm promoting are honest.. Better, you can sign up with websites like commission junction, they're a good affiliate network company and they will filter the companies you can work with, and they'll arrange the payout for you too.
If there's a company that doesn't pay the affiliates, they'll be banned by commission junction. This way, you can build a better business

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1