WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Corina823
08-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I just wanted to say hello to everyone in this group. I am new here and also to Origami Owl. Actually Im still a DIW however if all goes well I will be official in the next wave! I am so excited!!!

I have been reading the posts here and everyone is just so warm and welcoming. I am so happy to have found this group!!!

I am very new with Direct selling. I was wondering if anyone of you can tell me what you do at your parties to make it fun. Do you play games? If so what kind? Any info that you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated!

I am also interested in doing craft fairs and fundraisers. Does anyone know how to go about finding these craft fairs? Has anyone here done either of them before? Do you just take orders or do you keep a supply on hand to sell right away? If anyone can point me in the direction of who to contact at schools and such for fundraisers that would be fantastic. I would assume the PTA or PTO? How much of the commission do you normally offer?

I am so sorry that my first post happens to be a small book lol but I welcome any and all advise you can give me.

Thank you all so much!!
Corina

navybluecrafts
08-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi!

To find craft fairs/vendor events, check the events listings in your local newspaper. They frequently have them online too. Look at Craigslist. When you see signs around town, call them and if they don't have openings, ask to be put on a list for next year. Write it down so you remember. There are usually vendor groups on Facebook for your area too. My area has at least 5 that I can think of that list vendor events, fairs, etc.

My mentor takes orders, her mentor has a lot of inventory and sells off the table. I'm DIW, so I haven't read the rules yet, but think it all depends on what YOU want to do.

Pamsahoot
08-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi New Owls to be!
You both should have access to our P&P now, while you're waiting. There is a section that lets you know what type of events are not allowed. There aren't too many. Craigslist and ebay are both definite no's to sell. But you can recruit on Craigslist.
Yes, your local papers, vendor groups, local schools, Churches are all great places to check for "Holiday Shows" It's getting to be that time of year. :-)

Good luck to both of you! Soar high!!

navybluecrafts
08-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Just to be clear, I meant find events on Craigslist, not sell on CL ;)

Pamsahoot
08-08-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm sorry, I did understand. I was just clarifying for for anyone else who read the thread. :)

Triciaromo1123
08-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I just wanted to say hello to everyone in this group. I am new here and also to Origami Owl. Actually Im still a DIW however if all goes well I will be official in the next wave! I am so excited!!!

I have been reading the posts here and everyone is just so warm and welcoming. I am so happy to have found this group!!!

I am very new with Direct selling. I was wondering if anyone of you can tell me what you do at your parties to make it fun. Do you play games? If so what kind? Any info that you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated!

I am also interested in doing craft fairs and fundraisers. Does anyone know how to go about finding these craft fairs? Has anyone here done either of them before? Do you just take orders or do you keep a supply on hand to sell right away? If anyone can point me in the direction of who to contact at schools and such for fundraisers that would be fantastic. I would assume the PTA or PTO? How much of the commission do you normally offer?

I am so sorry that my first post happens to be a small book lol but I welcome any and all advise you can give me.

Thank you all so much!!
Corina

Welcome! This is a great group of ladies for sure:) I don't play games at my parties. I will do a door prize, but my parties are jammed packed with everyone building their Lockets so I don't have a lot of extra time for games.

Festivalnet.com is a good place to search for local craft fairs. Also your local newspaper and go to your chamber of commerce! They are always helpful. You should try and connect with local direct sellers of any brand! They can usually tell you about events coming up.

It's up to you whether you want o carry inventory for a show. Personally I would do both! I would carry a supply of Lockets and let people order their charms. You don't want to invest too much up front for an event just in case it doesn't go we'll. have a little stock of our best selling Lockets and then just take orders for the rest:)

The PTA or just going to the office and asking would be a good place to start with schools. The commission is up to you also. 15-20% is a good amount for a fundraiser.

Pamsahoot
08-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Tricia is right. I do the same. Carry more lockets and let them order the charms. Events are very tricky. You never know how they'll go. You might get sales, JB's or a couple DIW's but not usually all three! With the Holidays coming expect sales, but people do like to go home with what they pay for. At least part of it. You can push JB's by letting them know they can get their gifts for FREE!! Get them on your book that day!

Your bread & butter is your JB's. This is where you want your focus. Ask Everyone as they check out to hold a JB for their Hostess. Share the O2 opportunity with Everyone! You never know who might be your Superstar!

Ladies, we all want to work smarter, not harder! :)

Corina823
08-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Thank you everyone!!! I appreicate all your help and great ideas! I have recieved my invite on Monday so now i am just waiting for my kit to arrive!!!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!! :D

Ann Denisi Gass
08-15-2013, 07:48 AM
your mentor may even have facebook groups to help you network--we have a great group for sharing info!!

Ann Gass 11806

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1