WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : To Start Selling Scentsy

MercyGrace
08-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I have been using Scentsy for 2 years and thought it would be great to sell as well. I did look into this awhile ago and now is the perfect time, for me, to start.
Most posts say your sponsor is very important. I agree and think working with someone in my age range would work better for me. I think they might understand that the idea of a 'website' scares the life out of me. Someone who will be patient when I ask 'upline?'
I'm a 50 yr. old Grandma and would love to learn how to set all of this up.
How do I go about finding someone to sign with?

Thank you,
M. Grace

christyvw2004
08-04-2013, 07:19 PM
I can send you some info M Grace. I am in your "age" bracket...lol.
Just go check out your messages.

LAscents
08-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Two years as a customer! You are a devoted Scentsy-ite. The ordering system is a little tricky the first time through, but we also have plenty of tutorials and training modules and hints to walk you through it as well. The after the initial voyage you'll be fine. And you made it here in the forum, I bet you're not giving yourself as much credit for your computer skills.

I can understand your concern with age. I would say that is one factor to consider, as well as all the other suggestions we've been offering on selecting a sponsor - and it sounds like you've done your homework!

I'm two years shy of of the big 50 and would be happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Congratulations on making the decision to jump in and join us!

MercyGrace
08-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks for all of the replies.
I have been reading all day.

Can someone clarify a few things?

Some posts have mentioned joining close to a party date so their party qualifies as???
Is there a good reason to wait till I can have a party ready?

The quota part. It is now $150 in one month within a three month period? Does this need to be one sale? If this sale goes through in August, rolling would mean Sept. starts the next three months?

Does Scentsy have specials and/or sales at all? I have read a lot of websites that say they have 10% off. Is this something a Rep can do on their own or is it decided by Scentsy?

Thanks again,
MGrace

Candice09
08-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi Mercy,
See if this helps : )
To stay active with Scentsy: All you have to sell is
$150 once every 3 months. So if you sell $150 before tax in July, you would not have to
place another order until Oct. If you sold $50 in July, $50 in August, then $50 Sept,
you would still have to do $150 in Oct, because $150 gets you active and you have to be
active once every 3 months. But trust me you will be able to sell $150 a month. Also you
can be the hostess anytime you would like to, if you are just pulling orders together to
make a party (which is $150) and then you can get the free and half off products to
build an inventory for those customers that just like to stop by and get a gift. Party
orders of $150 or more qualify for free shipping within the contiguous United States.
Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, U.S. Territories, and Canada will incur a charge. You also can
start out with a launch party and really stock up on free and half off. You will get a dvd
to watch and it talks about different types of parties. I mainly do basket parties.
Where you buy the mini testers ($25) and send them with a hostess for a week or so
and she collects orders, it's so easy!!

August is 10% off everything $40.00 and under and excludes Charity, NCAA warmers or the Patriot Collection.

I would not wait, join now so that you can plan your launch party and give your customers a great deal with the 10% off...you'll have plenty orders to put in then : )

~Candice
Just B Wickless, Scentsy Warmers, Fragrance & Layers Body Products - Just B Wickless, Scentsy Warmers, Fragrance & Layers Body Products (http://www.justbwickless.com)

christyvw2004
08-05-2013, 08:45 PM
I will do my best to answer your questions

Christy

Thanks for all of the replies.
I have been reading all day.

Can someone clarify a few things? Hope this helps some.

Some posts have mentioned joining close to a party date so their party qualifies as???
Is there a good reason to wait till I can have a party ready?---This would be so if you reach a certain level in sales ($500 within 15 days) you qualify for our shooting star kit. Also we do have our scentational reward program that lasts your first 70 days.

The quota part. It is now $150 in one month within a three month period? Does this need to be one sale? If this sale goes through in August, rolling would mean Sept. starts the next three months?-sales of $150 in a months time--so $150 in Sept...0 in Oct and Nov...or $150 in Aug and Sept...0 in Oct and Nov...$150 required in Dec.

Does Scentsy have specials and/or sales at all? I have read a lot of websites that say they have 10% off. Is this something a Rep can do on their own or is it decided by Scentsy?-Scentsy always has 10% of their scent and warmer of the month...and then twice a month (transition) we offer 10% of everything $40 and lower (their are a few exceptions).
They have also started offering retired warmers at a clearance price. As for a Rep offering a special...they can not be something we can advertise....not saying they aren't offered...saying something like contact me for my specials.

Thanks again,
MGrace

LAscents
08-06-2013, 04:39 AM
The best time to join is when you're ready. If you have $500 in your first 15 days you have the ability to purchase additional product at a discount. However you will have access to your website almost immediately after you enroll so you can share you link with family, friends, contacts, warm or cold market and get $500 that way - if that is an incentive you're interested in. It's an individual choice.

Scentsy offers customer specials as well as host exclusive specials. They never offer recruiting/joining specials because our starter kit is already a fabulous deal. As an independent business owner you are free to create your own customer/host special if you choose, there are just exceptions as to how you can notify your contacts about it - meaning you can have personal specials, you just can't advertise them publicly.

Excellent that you're doing your research ahead of time. It really will set a solid foundation for you.

MercyGrace
08-06-2013, 10:20 AM
That is a good point.
There is so much you can do, just need the enthusiasm to do it.

So many people have helped me so far.
What are your opinions on having a sponsor close to you or in another state?

I thought there were a few where I live but I was afraid it would seem like competition.
Do you really have a lot of interaction with your sponsor?

About a year ago I had decided to sell Scentsy but life really got in the way. I had been talking to a Rep that was very helpful. It looks like she no longer sells. Neither do several others I've talked to. Is there a lot of people quitting? I know, it is what you put into it. I agree. What happens if your sponsor quits?

Amber Rose
08-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Good afternoon! Just to touch on your last post, there has been some transitioning with the policy of $150 in sales during one month per each three month period, so yes, there have been Consultants dropping off due to this. Just another reason to make sure you've got a great sponsor who will support you and you will always be able to rely on :-D

If someone ends up quitting, you and their entire team would roll up to that person's Sponsor. Or, in some cases, Consultants can sell their business to another Consultant - who would essentially take over the first Consultant's account and be the team leader :)

LAscents
08-06-2013, 11:20 AM
That is a good point.

What are your opinions on having a sponsor close to you or in another state?

I thought there were a few where I live but I was afraid it would seem like competition.
Do you really have a lot of interaction with your sponsor?

About a year ago I had decided to sell Scentsy but life really got in the way. I had been talking to a Rep that was very helpful. It looks like she no longer sells. Neither do several others I've talked to. Is there a lot of people quitting? I know, it is what you put into it. I agree. What happens if your sponsor quits?

Local sponsor or not is a personal choice. Personally I would choose knowledge, promptness in replies and accessibility over location. My team is 100% long distance to me, so I don't ever have to worry about stepping on toes of my own team members being in my own backyard.

I don't have a lot of interaction with my sponsor, but I know she's always available if I need her. Our training center, resources and team training are so extensive it truly is set up that you could do this business by yourself. Those of us who started long ago did figure things out as we went along because we didn't have all the tools and resources available that we do today.

Turnover in the direct sales industry is high - 50% in the first two years and an additional 50% of those remaining by the next year. But that is only because it's so easy to get started, to join - and many join with the intent of personal use or extremely part time. Of those who join to be business builders, and who work their business daily, the turn over is much less. I've been around seven years and know plenty others with similar longevity.

If your sponsor leaves Scentsy, you're never without a sponsor. You will roll up to the person who was your sponsor's sponsor. So the original person who was your sponsor is then listed as your "enroller" when he/she leaves but you'll have a new sponsor. Most directors, Star Directors and Superstar Directors are more than willing to work with all team members so you never are alone. If you are alone, it's by choice because contact info of your upline is listed in your workstation.

MercyGrace
08-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks again for all of the great help and quick answers.
It is true, it is so easy to talk to someone in another state that it really doesn't matter.

I just love Scentsy so much, it seems silly not to be in the thick of it.

I can't wait to join.

LAscents
08-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Your excitement and enthusiasm is contagious. Those you talk with about Scentsy will pick up on it and want to be a part of it in some way ... to buy, host, or join! Take advantage of your passion and run with it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1