WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Curiosity

mariposa12
07-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Why so many people want to sign with Origami Owl beside the waiting list? If they can go with the "other" company, which has better quality, selection and comp plan? What's the difference between them? I like both as a customer, I just curios.

almarosa
07-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't know, but today I saw a new company on FB. Lockets by JAKE. It's a party plan as well. There are several options out there now!

Brittney154
07-05-2013, 11:00 PM
as someone who was with origami owl and now is with south hill I can tell you I switched due to product wait times, poor customer service and lack of communication, If you want more info please fee free to send me a private message :)

andiistanley
07-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Mari, I'm sending you a PM. :) I was in that position so I can definitely shed some light on it for you. :)

KNicholls
07-07-2013, 08:24 AM
I think each person makes that decision based on their own personal situation. Sometimes it's a connection with the company story, sometimes a connection with a leader that they chat with. I also think it depends on one's personal situation. I wanted to start making money right away so a wait list wouldn't have worked for me because I just didn't have 3-4 months to wait to get started. Some people do. I've frankly seen reps switch on both sides of the aisle on this one.

I think it's really about finding the company where you truly feel a connection and going with it.

KNicholls
07-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Hadn't heard of Lockets by Jake. In looking at their website, it appears they are just rebranding the Spirit Lockets (since some of their pics have that tag on them. They're in Canada. It's all about creating business!

Eye
07-07-2013, 08:37 AM
When I joined OO I had never heard of South Hill. I found out about it through sites like this. Yeah, we're going through growing pains, and some mistakes have been made, but I plan on sticking with it all the way to the top. The people I work with are great people. We clicked early on.

I'm pleased with where I am at with OO. And am looking forward to everyone under me getting in.

I personally have not had any problems with customer service or my customers complaining. I think it's all in how you work your own business.

andiistanley
07-07-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree with Kathy and Eileen - it all depends on which is the better fit for YOU! :)

huddlo
07-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I agree with all of the above - you have to go with your heart and what will work best for you. I was on the waiting list and went with South Hill Designs because it seemed like a better fit for me. I am very happy with my decision and wish no ill will to those that are consultants for OO. I wish everyone success because that is what we are all here for - no matter what company you choose. :)

beautiful
08-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Great responses! Everyone has different taste and needs and wants when choosing a company, And I believe you will know in your gut what company will best suit you, although sometimes it is still hard to make a descion when there are so many great companies out there!
But I do know loving the product line is usually why you join the company, I know for me when I saw Our Hearts Desire I got excited about the products right away and loved the different locket choices they had. And I had looked at a lot of companies, one just knows when they find the right fit :-)

beautiful
08-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Great responses! Everyone has different taste and needs and wants when choosing a company, And I believe you will know in your gut what company will best suit you, although sometimes it is still hard to make a descion when there are so many great companies out there!
But I do know loving the product line is usually why you join the company, I know for me when I saw Our Hearts Desire I got excited about the products right away and loved the different locket choices they had. And I had looked at a lot of companies, one just knows when they find the right fit :-)

Well Everyone, I went with my gut and feel like I made the wrong choice,I have already resigned with Our Hearts Desire because I feel it wasnt the best choice for me. I was to quick to make a descion and didnt get all the facts and felt pressured. I was torn between a couple companies and really should of looked at things more and weighed out all of my options, but to make a long story short .lessen learned, :-) I think this may happen to a lot of us and is why people switch companies. So, I feel the ones that are on a wait list with OO they must know in their hearts it's what they are looking for! I just want to add also, if you have made up your mind on a company dont let anyone sway your descion, stick with it and in the long wrong I think you will see you made the right choice !

SusanSellsOrigamiOwl
08-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Well Everyone, I went with my gut and feel like I made the wrong choice,I have already resigned with Our Hearts Desire because I feel it wasnt the best choice for me. I was to quick to make a descion and didnt get all the facts and felt pressured. I was torn between a couple companies and really should of looked at things more and weighed out all of my options, but to make a long story short .lessen learned, :-) I think this may happen to a lot of us and is why people switch companies. So, I feel the ones that are on a wait list with OO they must know in their hearts it's what they are looking for! I just want to add also, if you have made up your mind on a company dont let anyone sway your descion, stick with it and in the long wrong I think you will see you made the right choice !

It can be hard to listen to our own hearts when you hear someone telling you how great something. I tell people if its a great opportunity today it will be a great opportunity tomorrow. Don't let it scare you from what could be a great thing. Take a deep breath and when you're ready to make a decision go for it!

If someone is pressuring you that's a big sign they are more interested in you signing under them versus you being happy.

That's my two cents. Good luck finding the right company for you!

God Bless!

KNicholls
08-29-2013, 09:18 PM

I agree with Susan on this one. I hope you will find what really works for you. There should never be pressure to join anyone's team. It is about YOU and not them.

We all have lots of options out there and sometimes it's easy to be swayed by the "next shiny thing." Just find what you're passionate about and then interview the folks who want you on their team. You will find a fit that works for you and in the end, that is the most important thing.

beautiful
08-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks Ladies! And I agree , I will be smarter next time :-) You live and learn!
I know in my heart the right opportunity is out there for me and I will find it :-)

sparklingfuture
08-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks Ladies! And I agree , I will be smarter next time :-) You live and learn!
I know in my heart the right opportunity is out there for me and I will find it :-)

Props to you for not settling! Best of luck in finding your passion! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1