WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Vendor Shows; Yes or No?

littleshamrock
06-15-2013, 10:13 PM
I, for one, LOVE doing vendor shows to gain new bookings and contacts. However, it has been mentioned in most of my direct sales training that they are not worthwhile. Perhaps they are referring to sales during the show, but I don't even count sales as a reason for doing them..contacts and bookings are why I'm there!! There have been shows where nobody attends, and THOSE were a total waste of time (but you can never know until you try!). But the good ones have pretty much brought me most of my leads. So, what do you think?

Eye
06-16-2013, 06:19 AM
Personally, I don't feel that doing those is a waste of my time.

If I can get the word out to 2 people, it's made it worth it! Plus, I love meeting new people, and learning their techniques as well. Yesterday I was at a show with my concrete and met a fellow Owl. She and I had a great talk about strategy and getting leads. We even exchanged info so we can give each other a heads up about shows that we are personally not able to attend.

juststacy
06-16-2013, 06:59 AM
I love vendor shows for alot of reasons, meeting other vendors included. There are so many great products out there it's nice to see all the different things.
I've never (knock on wood) had a show that I didn't at the very least make my fee back and gain parties or a new teammate from.

Brittney154
06-16-2013, 09:57 AM
I love doing vendor shows, it's a great way to extend outside your circle and book parties, sign up recruits and just get your name out there :)

FlickerScents
06-16-2013, 11:29 AM
I love doing vendor shows...its a great way to connect with other DS reps. I also ATTEND vendor shows as a customer.....go from table to table and chit chat, get ideas and get a business card. You never know who is looking for another opportunity.

hnickless
06-16-2013, 05:59 PM
I love Vendor shows. I definitely think they are worth it.

LindseyThrives
06-18-2013, 02:06 PM
I think they are. They are awesome for recruiting and getting new customers and I have always atleast made my money back that I spent on booth fees :-)

TeamTexasMialisia
07-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Vendors shows (the good ones) are what you make of them. You have to be ACTIVE and ENGAGED. It's not just about selling, it's about advertising and marketing your product. Set yourself apart from the rest of the booths.

And be picky about what you spend, where you go. $150 for 1 day inside and 1,000 people or $300 for 2 days outside and 20,000 people? How does the event advertise? Who is their customer base? Just the families in the church, or every single person within 20 miles? Which vendors were there in prior years? Contact them and see how the show went for them!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1