WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

LindseyThrives
06-13-2013, 04:07 PM
I have checked with the local schools, they are all hung up on their usual wrapping paper, Liberty Cards and cookie dough and aren't willing to venture away from that. Most of the sports teams have their usual companies like World's Finest Chocolate. And just about everyone seems to think they will make more money for their organization going with another company. I'm at a loss as far as what to do or who to approach next.

LAscents
06-13-2013, 06:31 PM
May I ask why you would like to give away your commissions instead of selling to customers where you can keep the profits you earn? If someone is looking for a fundraiser I generally just donate a gift basket for them to do with it what they please or to sponsor a team or project or be listed in the program. It's a very short time commitment and I can move on to building my business.

If you do fundraisers, then you do all the work and write a check out of your own commission back to the organization. I know some have said that they do them in hopes of getting new customers, but that is generally a lot of work for no money on the risk that someone may reorder.

april :)
08-09-2013, 07:47 PM
If someone is looking for a fundraiser I generally just donate a gift basket for them to do with it what they please or to sponsor a team or project or be listed in the program. It's a very short time commitment and I can move on to building my business.

Laurie, what do you advertise, your business card? Please explain :confused:

LAscents
08-10-2013, 11:22 AM
It depends on what they are looking for. Sometimes organizations will sell business card ads and you can just give them your biz card that they'll reproduce in all their literature. Other times they'll give you a 1/8th or 1/4th of a page ad and then you can design it, get corporate approval and they'll put that in their program, year book, etc. Sometimes groups sell t-shirt ads which is essentially the name of your business and website or whatever you can fit in their space allotment as you'd be listed as a sponsor. You wouldn't be able to be listed as Scentsy, but if your business has a different name (I"m Income Wax, Inc.) or you could use your name as long as you also had the words Independent Scentsy Consultant, after your name.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1