WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

NikkiC
05-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Then what ? What if you dont want NM or MLM ? AFF is what I am looking for with residual . Premade website ? I did o.k with AF before I know I can do it again ! The only thing I did to make $$ was work hard and not shell out a bunch of cash to make it .I know things change . Maybe I need to learn to ???? Any Ideas ? TIA :)

danasurvey
05-27-2013, 08:53 PM
You can get better at writing/blogging with practice. You could also consider paying someone to write some content for you.

Content is important when you are trying to get traffic to a blog or site.

dcz
05-28-2013, 09:23 AM
I've been working "online" for close to 20 years - and it's true that things have changed a lot! Affiliate marketing isn't as passive as it used to be. And the "mainstream" affiliate sales like Amazon, etc. are not as lucrative as they once were. For today's affiliate marketer, a "list" is a big key, but that's not as easy to grow as it once was either.

That said, I belong to a really good group of marketers where we hold weekly (almost daily) training opportunities, etc. It's not free, but not really expensive either.

We actually just started a "blogging contest" to help encourage each other to get better at blogging. You might consider looking for things like that to help you hone your skills.

Danita

zerocool7
05-28-2013, 11:05 AM
I've been working "online" for close to 20 years - and it's true that things have changed a lot! Affiliate marketing isn't as passive as it used to be. And the "mainstream" affiliate sales like Amazon, etc. are not as lucrative as they once were. For today's affiliate marketer, a "list" is a big key, but that's not as easy to grow as it once was either.

That said, I belong to a really good group of marketers where we hold weekly (almost daily) training opportunities, etc. It's not free, but not really expensive either.

We actually just started a "blogging contest" to help encourage each other to get better at blogging. You might consider looking for things like that to help you hone your skills.
Great advice!

BBKS
05-29-2013, 05:05 AM
One other thing that you need to do to become a good at writing is to know everything about you subject. To do this make sure you research the subject.

msuggitt
05-30-2013, 07:24 AM
What if you are not a natural born blogger ?

Once again my advise differs from those above. It is my belief that we all hold our own treasure chest of unique talents and skills. Working at home/ online doesn't have to be a chore or hard IF you chose a path which you excel at. In other words, follow your hearts desires..... not someone else's path.

Blogging your way to riches is not reality for the bulk of bloggers. In fact some of the top bloggers online either supplement their income or juggle a boo-koo load of sites. Many who are good at writing, and promoting can earn decent monthly incomes over time as they build their followings and SELL to those followers on a consistent basis. But reality is that many who try blogging don't stick with it for a wide variety of reasons. Everyone making money online IS NOT a blogger!

SO :cool: why not take the time to really evaluate exactly 'what floats your boat' - what do you really like to do? what are you doing online when 'time flies?' what are you best at, what skills do you really, really shine while doing? .... then try to find a way to make money online that accentuates your best assets and woola, you go from 'WORKING' to 'Making Money at Home' .... Big difference....

Team IMGlobal
05-30-2013, 09:45 AM
For me, I put too much time into my blogs. What should take me 11 minutes takes me like 30 minutes.

Blogging should be personal and about you...shouldn't be a difficult task that requires a lot of time.

I don't think you have to be a writer or have the greatest English skills.

Say what you feel, reread your post so that your message comes across the way you want it to and you are ready for your next blog.

If you are trying to focus on getting traffic or branding yourself the most important part is getting the blogs out there. If you use a good system Google and others will pick it up.

Manny

veronica.l
05-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Pick a topic you are passionate about and the writing will be easier...

What I did was outsourcing... I don`t like writing, English is my second language BUT I love to build websites, I love to do keyword research... so after I started to make some money I started to outsource the writing part. I still write some but now I share the "burden" lol with my writer :)

Then what ? What if you dont want NM or MLM ? AFF is what I am looking for with residual . Premade website ? I did o.k with AF before I know I can do it again ! The only thing I did to make $$ was work hard and not shell out a bunch of cash to make it .I know things change . Maybe I need to learn to ???? Any Ideas ? TIA :)

ccole
05-30-2013, 02:34 PM
It really doesn't matter if you're not a natural blogger as long as you are willing to learn. There are a lot of instruction over internet. It's just a click of a button.

QueenMaa
06-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Write what you like or know about and keep doing it. You can subscribe to other bloggers blogs so that you can get an idea of how to do it. I would start with reading blogs and go from there.

Snooks
06-13-2013, 07:41 AM
two great options...

1. do a video blog instead! just use video to get your thoughts out to the world. and you can always have someone transcibe it for you for cheap so you can post the transcript of your video on your blog too

2. hire someone to write the content for you or get guest bloggers

VJlyn
07-23-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm not a natural born blogger too. That's why sometimes it takes me one whole day to just write one article. :o

I think good practice is needed to become a professional blogger.

everde
07-24-2013, 11:17 AM
One of the worst things anyone can do is follow a path not meant for them. It's easy to tell if this applies to you after the initial excitement of starting something new is over and you still have a desire to continue your work.

Re-evaluate your situation and see if what your doing or what you did is the right path to follow.

Never settle! always evolve!

~best of luck =]

rudolph007
08-10-2013, 10:28 AM
What if you are not a natural born blogger ?

Once again my advise differs from those above. It is my belief that we all hold our own treasure chest of unique talents and skills. Working at home/ online doesn't have to be a chore or hard IF you chose a path which you excel at. In other words, follow your hearts desires..... not someone else's path.

Blogging your way to riches is not reality for the bulk of bloggers. In fact some of the top bloggers online either supplement their income or juggle a boo-koo load of sites. Many who are good at writing, and promoting can earn decent monthly incomes over time as they build their followings and SELL to those followers on a consistent basis. But reality is that many who try blogging don't stick with it for a wide variety of reasons. Everyone making money online IS NOT a blogger!

SO :cool: why not take the time to really evaluate exactly 'what floats your boat' - what do you really like to do? what are you doing online when 'time flies?' what are you best at, what skills do you really, really shine while doing? .... then try to find a way to make money online that accentuates your best assets and woola, you go from 'WORKING' to 'Making Money at Home' .... Big difference....

Very wise, listen to this lady sounds a lot like my wife!

Rikki
08-11-2013, 09:46 AM
The best advice I can give is to write like you talk, then have someone edit out the errors. It needs to be your voice, or at least a consistent voice. Keep in mind that it takes an average of 3 years to start making any appreciable money on a blog.

AllieRambles
08-13-2013, 02:20 PM
I am not a great writer but I have this passion to help others, especially people in my niche. I really want them to succeed so I write in my natural voice and I think I my blog writing has become better and better.

I just think you need to have a passion and the writing will follow.

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-15-2013, 05:16 AM

Affiliate marketing, many times, done the 'traditional way' isn't as profitable as the 'right way'.

Think of it with this analogy: Remember in class, when we learned about the California gold rush? They always told us that most people that went to California looking for gold didn't make anything. But the people selling the tools, the equipment, and the KNOW HOW made WAY more than the people actually going.

So, in order to make money with affiliate marketing, the better way to really make a lot is to actually be the creator of a product YOURSELF and sell it.

I just spoke with a friend of mine that used to be in pageants. She did it a lot, and had a lot of friends do it - and she wanted to go into affiliate marketing, so I suggested that she create a website where she could write a free eBook that gave basic advice on how people could enter pageants, how to register, how to do like suuuuuper basic stuff.

But then I told her to write ANOTHER eBook that got into more detail and training, like how to pick a dress, answer questions, walk, act at the pageant, schmooze, save money, basically the 'secrets' to winning.

The free one would 'get people interested' to get the 'paid' eBook. The free one gives people VERY good value, and the paid one also gives them incredible value. You can't give them nothing - you really have to give them an incredible product that they can believe in.

But take you - what are you good at? Crafts? Quilting? Pageants? Birdhouses? Dog training? Building rocket packs? Eating with chopsticks? Getting out of a ticket?

It doesn't matter - you can create any of these eBooks, then submit them to clickbank and get OTHER affiliate marketers to sell the product for YOU.

With this in mind, it becomes 'easy' to write - because then you have a passion for the thing you're writing about'. Affiliate marketing/blogging now doesn't feel like a JOB.

The second blogging feels like a job, you know you're not doing it right -

discrat
08-15-2013, 12:43 PM
With blogging you can turn yourself from a really not so good writer into a writer that is pretty good.

In all honesty, it is hard to turn a dismal writer into a really great writer. Like a Hemingway or Shakespeare.

But if you are willing to put forth some effort and practice at your writing and read other really good writers you can pass as a decent blogger.

You have to treat it as a true craft !

No question.

writepro
08-16-2013, 06:37 AM
Lots of great advice in this thread. Here's my own two cents...

1) If you can talk, you can write blogs. Just write them in the way you'd talk to a friend when you want to share some information you're excited about.

2) In order to make money with a blog, you have to build a blog and write for an audience that's actively looking to buy stuff and is willing and able to pay for it. Preferably this is also on a topic you're excited about, or else you won't last long.

3) If you do things right, you won't have to wait years to make money from your blog. There are many ways to monetize your blog...

4) In addition to blogging, you also need to bring lots of visitors to your blog.

5) The most important thing about your blog? Be sure to get your visitors to sign up for your list so you can follow up with them!

healthysolutions
08-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Blogging shouldbe what you want to discuss. I feel you can discuss anything. It can be your favorite brand of shoes, tv show, hair color. There are million if not billions of searches done everyday online and something you may have written can come up in that search.

Just think of your passions and what you don't mind sharing with others.

EveliinaK
09-06-2013, 04:33 AM
We learn to ride bikes and throw a ball don't we? Blogging is actually a skill and with some practice pretty much anybody can learn to be better an better at it.

lisadlastdegree
09-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Why don't you become an expert in video blogging instead? Then after your share your video you can write about it, embed the video and share that content too.

strathdonmanor
09-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Don't concentrate too much on the writing skills. I find that it helps to just write as if I am talking to someone. It makes my blogs more readable, and is also easier to get through each blog piece.

allisonmackenzie
09-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the tips. I am definitely not a "natural born blogger", but I am looking to improve.

RobinH
09-26-2013, 08:47 AM
One thing that helped me is to expand my idea of what a blog has to be. Be open to your blog being more of a news site with content that relates to the purpose of your blog. Some people are naturally expressive on paper and some of us are not and therefore requires a longer learning curve. While you are learning to write you can still put content that is "newsy" and then offer your thoughts and opinions about it. It is easier than selecting a topic, forming your opinion and starting from scratch.

Just a thought...

SarahMi
09-30-2013, 04:20 PM
I used to blog a lot , but blogging is not for me. I am not the best person to bring the idea in form of words, and I don't have the time to blog on regular basis.

I would say if you believe blogging is not best for you, you don't have to be a blogger to work online or create a steam income online. You can do so by own an online business. There are a lot of online opportunities, don't limit yourself to what is common.

zbrandia
10-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Don't forget about reposting. On those days that you have writer's block,you can repost. External Links on your site is good for SEO. It helps to move your site up in the search engines

NicoleEvaBrodie
10-04-2013, 04:19 AM
I would try and blog about things that interest you and have some meaning to you. I think that once you start writing about something that is a passion or you know a bit about, the fingers just seem to type!

You do have other options, I am not so keen about it because i dont think its staying true to your blog, but their are companies that provide you with tools that will make any article you want and they guarantee the article will be unique.

If you want to talk about this method more just shoot me an email and ill send you all the details.

Otherwise, you also have so many resources on the internet. Chose a topic, research it and combine what you think is important and put it into your own words, eventually it will get easier and you will be a pro blogger in no time.

good luck!

carlamae
10-19-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm not wild about blogging either....sometimes I have new ideas everyday! lol Sometimes I will take plr and rip it right down into my own unique content, but I just need the guide to get me started. Other days it flows like honey!

Louidam1
11-06-2013, 12:11 PM
I really enjoy blogging because I get to talk about what I'm passionate about which is helping people learn ways to make extra money free from home. I discuss my experiences and what have worked for me and what has not.

The key to becoming a good blogger is to enjoy doing it. Write about stuff you know and love. Write like you're talking to your readers and not talking to search engines trying to rank high in SERPS.

I'm not the best writer in the world but with me blogging all the time I started getting better with my writing.

If blogging is not right for you, be a Vlogger on YouTube or on your blog. Some people don't like to just sit and read so they search for videos instead.

Good luck to you!

MariaThompson
11-06-2013, 01:59 PM

If writing is not your bag, make money through other means (there are plenty of options), and pay freelance writers with part of the profits. In the interim, work on your writing to shave off a little of that freelance expenditure. Unfortunately, the majority of affiliate marketing relies on your ability to write fluently and understand the nuances of the written word to not only communicate clearly but effectively. Blogging, review sites, list marketing, and so forth, all rely on it. Your writing is not all that bad now. I bet with some hard work, it'll be better than mine!

fxmagnet sense
11-11-2013, 11:01 PM
we're born as a baby, never as a blogger. lol.
Writing is not what I'm good at since I was a kid, but you don't need to be a good writer just a good communicator through an article. Once you know what they want exactly, you just need to adjust with them of how to communicate so you can push their hot button... pain/ greed strategy will always work.. anything you sell

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1