WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Trying to decide. OO or SHD?

CaseyL
05-24-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking about joining one of these businesses. I haven't ever done direct sales, but I like the jewelry a lot.

I'm a SAHM and would like to bring in some extra money for our family. I have been reading this board for a little while and thought I would get some opinions. Thank you.

KNicholls
05-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Casey, my clear choice is South Hill Designs. There are several reasons why I believe that. Both companies are about telling a story with a locket. That was what drew me to SHD. There are some differences in our products and I also believe there are some differences in how things are done, especially for new people. Of course, one big difference will be how fast you would like to get started. With SHD, there is no waiting list and you can sign up and start right away earning the extra money to do for your family.

Your goal to bring in extra money for your family is completely doable and I have many on my team who are doing just that.

Our training would be perfect for you in helping you understand the direct sales industry and how to make it work for you. In addition, we have a partnership with the Direct Selling Womens Association and they do a monthly training session for us that is a 12-month program. All of that is provided free of charge and is a great value to us as artists.

I'll send you a PM and would love to chat with you at a time that's good for you.

LindtsbyLisa
05-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Hi there-I have been with O2 for over a year. The friendships, experiences and support I receive is amazing. Our compensation is amazing and our new host rewards plan is unreal. Our hosts just love it!! Within just one year, I have managed to build a team of 540 people, promote to a Director and I found a job I truly love. If you would like to see a copy of our career plan and our new host program feel free to send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the info:)

TiniOwl
05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm thinking about joining one of these businesses. I haven't ever done direct sales, but I like the jewelry a lot.

I'm a SAHM and would like to bring in some extra money for our family. I have been reading this board for a little while and thought I would get some opinions. Thank you.

Hi, I've never done direct sales before either (or ever wanted to). I discovered O2 at a party and fell in love. I signed up planning to do this just as a hobby and to feed my own habit but my business has pretty much taken a life of it's own. My sales are steadily going up and my little team is growing. All of this growth is happening organically and I love every minute of it. As far as the jewelry itself is concerned I personally prefer O2 but that's just my preference. What I would take a closer look at is the compensation plans and how they differ between the two companies. You can get started quicker with SHD but I'm not sure that would give you enough of a headstart to make up for the difference in compensation. In the short term it might but if you are looking to build a business for years to come then you probably want to select the company with the more lucrative compensation plan.

KNicholls
05-29-2013, 11:44 AM
I haven't actually ever seen the OO compensation plan, however, have spoken to some folks who have shared parts of it related to what you earn on those you recruit. Since I'm not knowledgeable about it, I won't speak to it. What I can tell you about the one for South Hill Designs is that we have the potential to earn on all levels of our downline (those you recruit), which is a bit unusual in most direct sales companies. That means as you grow a team, your opportunity increases.

In the end, I believe it's the best thing to find a product you love and then find someone to be your mentor or sponsor who is committed to working with you to achieve your goals. I think you can find those people in both of our companies.

Good luck in your search! If you need anything, please feel free to PM me!

Laurieloo
05-29-2013, 11:45 AM
I sent you a private message as well....the long and short of it, in my opinion is that both companies have a lot to offer. The most important thing is that you find a mentor that encourages your growth, and that you click well with in whichever company you decide! Best of luck to you! =)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1