WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How to market online?

wolfegirl
05-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Hey ladies!

A lot of us are moving toward marketing online. Especially social media areas. I'm wondering if there are any of you having success recruiting and/or selling online?

Care of offer tips?

I'll offer mine in return.

Thanks!

Eye
05-10-2013, 08:02 AM
I do the bulk of my sales and recruiting through FB. I post a picture or comments on my FB page about 2-4 times a day and share that on my own timeline.

I started in Jan, and to date I've only had one in home party. But I've already got 8 recruits and average at least one sale a day.

liz.jewels
05-10-2013, 09:45 AM
How frequently do you post things about yourself personally? If someone in my friend feed was posting about their business 2-4 times a day, I'd "hide" their posts. How do you protect against that in your approach?

rkaudia
05-11-2013, 03:11 AM
It looks like Eye has a fan page on Facebook, so friends & family aren't subjected to getting bombarded with posts.

Eye, thanks for sharing. I may have to up how often I post on Facebook. How did you get all the likes?

TracyB023
05-18-2013, 11:25 AM
I have a separate FB page for my business. Once in a while I will share a post on my personal page if I am doing a giveaway or I have something I think some of my personal contacts may want. But otherwise, I try to keep it separate. I am on FB, Twitter, IG. I try to post on all 3 every day. FB probably gets the most activity, however. I feel that every new like, every new follower, is a potential customer or recruit. You never know when someone is thinking about joining your company or purchasing from you. The more you post, the more they see it. I am just generally posting all I can right now to gain a larger audience. With FB changes, I have over 200 fans, but only about 20 or 25 see my posts. So I really want to increase my number of fans.

MialisiabyTammy
05-18-2013, 02:29 PM
I've just started, but I've already had really good luck from my Blog. I already had one person sign up with me because she found my site while search Mialisia fine jewelry. She liked what I wrote and my personality so much that she decided she wanted to be on my team. I think a blog where you show people who you are is a great tool.

KNicholls
05-18-2013, 06:43 PM
I do all of the above, have a FB fan page, a Twitter account, and a website with a blog. Studies have show that businesses who blog have more customers and sales. I also do a few ads on sites for folks looking for work at home opportunities.

With Facebook, I only share on my personal page if it's relevant to my friends or something I think they would like to see. I am always reminded that it's called "social" media for a reason, because it's a social activity, not a sales job. :)

Eye
05-19-2013, 06:26 AM
I always share my business page posts on my own timeline. If people block me then they block me. I'm not too worried. I have about 700 FB "friends" so I think if I lose one or two, it won't be that big of a deal.

Also, I have a twitter account, but I seriously don't GET IT. LOL. So I rarely use it. FB just makes more sense to me.

I got all the likes doing ladders and share giveaways. The kind where if you share this post you get an extra entry into the giveaway.

I have gotten a ton of new customers by doing giveaways. And you don't always have to give product away. People are really happy to get a gift cert and most of the time they buy more than the cert is worth. So win/win.

Recently I also did a Mystery Hostess party. And the winner actually spent $75 more on product along with her rewards.

It's really a numbers game. I used to sell advertising, and we were always told the more people you ask or touch the more you will sell.

MialisiabyTammy
05-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Recently I also did a Mystery Hostess party. And the winner actually spent $75 more on product along with her rewards.

What is a mystery hostess party? That sounds intriguing. We don't officially launch until July so I am gathering ideas for when we do.

Eye
05-23-2013, 06:21 AM
What is a mystery hostess party? That sounds intriguing. We don't officially launch until July so I am gathering ideas for when we do.

Well, basically how I do it is, everyone that orders and selects the Mystery Hostess party at check out is entered to win all of the qualifying hostess rewards for that party. I used Random.org to pick the winner.

The last one I did was a small party. The winner actually only got $30 free, two 1/2 price items and 20% off the hostess exclusive which is $100.

However, on top of all that, she purchased $75 more of product! So win/win! :cool:

Jim Davis Designs
05-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Online marketing is not as easy as many think.

rkaudia
05-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Online marketing is not as easy as many think.

Agree 100%. I have a blog and Facebook. Both are in the building phase, it takes time.

MialisiabyTammy
05-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, basically how I do it is, everyone that orders and selects the Mystery Hostess party at check out is entered to win all of the qualifying hostess rewards for that party. I used Random.org to pick the winner.

The last one I did was a small party. The winner actually only got $30 free, two 1/2 price items and 20% off the hostess exclusive which is $100.

However, on top of all that, she purchased $75 more of product! So win/win! :cool:

Wow, what a great idea! I will have to keep that in mind when we officially launch in July.

diamond18
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey ladies!

A lot of us are moving toward marketing online. Especially social media areas. I'm wondering if there are any of you having success recruiting and/or selling online?

Care of offer tips?

I'll offer mine in return.

Thanks!

I agree with what the others said. Aside from using FB and other social media like twitter and tumblr to promote your products, another popular way is to start guest posting on other blogs related your niche. This method allows you to gain more exposure for your business. You can write something useful that specifically addresses to that blog's audience while featuring your product in between.

Say for example, if you sell gemstone engagement rings (http://www.gemvy.com/gemstone-rings.html), typical sites to guest post on are wedding/marriage/dating related because the audience of those kind of websites have some form of intrinsic interest on your product. Thus, you gain targeted traffic.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1