WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Just wondering

monicaanddavidsmom
05-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Is anyone making any good money on selling candles? I love sales and I am looking for a good company to rep (I just tried Avon and did not like their products).

Could somebody give me more information, such as commission %? I do not like to hold parties, so I like the idea of tossing, are there catalogs affordable enough to use tossing as a way of getting new customers? And finally, what does it cost to join?

Thank you

BarbB
05-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Hi:

I sent you a pm. Our commission is 40-50%. Our catalogs are very reasonable also. I too don't do parties so there are many other ways to build a business.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

BellaCandleMom
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Welcome! I am sure Barb has answered all your questions but I just want to add that these products are absolutely phenomenal and once someone tries our candles, you have repeat customers :) By far the best I have ever used and I am a HUGE candle lover :)

Best wishes.. hope you decide to join us!

Alison

MrsTeresa
05-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Welcome to our Mia Bella folder :) I know Barb will take great care of you.
I hope you decide to join us? Take care and have a great day!

Teresa

Jannie
05-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Was just watching a video by a gal who talked of this subject (door to door and just leaving books or flyers in doors, that sort of thing) and how it doesn't work out all that well in most cases and time could be spent better doing things a different way.

This gal said that she, too, would get so many different flyers/catalogs stuck in her door or even rubber-banded around her door knob, and that she herself personally would not even be bothered with this information and never call for the products.. It is actually talking face-to-face, she said, that gets results. Definitely good to know as we don't want to have our efforts at selling in vain, right? ;)

Now, from what I have also learned about being in direct sales, the REAL money is in doing parties, much to the 'chagrin' of many. LOL. This is because you are 'killing two birds with one stone' so to speak. What do I mean by that? It means that your time and effort will bring WAY better results, and surely this is what we all want out of our businesses.

However, first of all this may mean for us personally overcoming some 'obstacles' -- one big one is in not letting our own feelings or views of having parties affect us negatively. We should view parties as big BIG order-taking opportunities.

I am currently with a company that can also do parties for its products. An elderly customer of mine told me a while back that she used to sell these products exclusively by having parties and did VERY WELL with this avenue of selling. She has definitely gotten me thinking on this subject. There is something to be said about parties, but it first may mean getting over the big obstacle caused by our own thinking on the subject. ;)

J

monicaanddavidsmom
05-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you for all the help ladies! I do not have the circle to do home parties, if I did I would have made it in Amway :rolleyes: (well maybe)

I did like the way Avon tossed, but I was not at all happy when I saw the products and therefore it was not something that I could proudly sell.

I would like to toss, even if it is a slower process, in hopes of building long term clients, but that depends on the expense of the books, Amway you bought books separately for a few bucks a piece, and they stopped having one book and put it in several! If I could buy bundles like Avon has for a reasonable price, then I would just toss away! LOL

mandm'smommy
05-04-2013, 08:35 PM
There are the door hangers...100 for 18.00. More economical than the catalogs and you could always attach a sample to these. You could always include a message that states that you would offer a catalog if someone is interested in seeing more.

Just a thought, but for what you are wanting to do, that would be my suggestion. Also, creating a FB fan page could help you generate some interest and help you get the word out.

Best wishes to you and welcome to the Mia Bella forum!

Melissa

nv93446
05-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Do you enjoy networking and meeting people at local events? I build my business almost entirely online and sponsored the biggest team in my company (over 50) in less than a year from online marketing. I'm not saying this to brag by any means but to share that it is possible if you're willing to learn the skills and put in the effort :)

Janette

BellaCandleMom
05-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Do you enjoy networking and meeting people at local events? I build my business almost entirely online and sponsored the biggest team in my company (over 50) in less than a year from online marketing. I'm not saying this to brag by any means but to share that it is possible if you're willing to learn the skills and put in the effort :)

Janette

Yes, as Janette said, marketing online is possible, but it does take alot of effort and time networking with others. I personally don't do home parties and am building my business mostly online and sharing my products and business with people I know and in my community. You CAN get sales online, but you really have to get yourself 'out there' in front of many. I love joining smaller groups on facebook and networking, getting to know others and their businesses, then in turn, people get to know you and if they want your products, they will buy from you :)

Best wishes, Alison

monicaanddavidsmom
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Thank you for your help, I think I am more of a hit the road and work it (got that from Amway) that is why I think I am more willing to invest some money in door hangers or books to toss and cover a lot of ground that way, online networking like chat rooms/fb has a lot of competition and skeptics.

I have always loved candles, use to make them even- it seems like a natural fit to me. Are there any quotas that have to be make before you make commissions? Any monthly minimum? Any catches? (had to ask)

This and Mary Kay have my interest. I could see myself doing both actually.

monicaanddavidsmom
05-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I am a little lost, I went on the main website for Mia Bella and the commission did not show 40-50% it had a graph that showed 5% if you wanted to make a higher % you had to sell a CRAZY amount! Confused. Liked the 40-50%

mandm'smommy
05-05-2013, 03:22 PM
With Mia Bella there is a monthly quota--or autoship in Mia Bella speak-- in order to earn the higher comission and earn on a downline. (There is an associate program that has no quotas, but you have to pay for your website if you choose to have one and you do not get as much of a discount.) The autoship is $39.95 and you get your choice of candle scents or you can bank points instead to purchase product later plus you get your personalized company website.

Best wishes on your decision...would be great to welcome you to the Mia Bella family :)

Melissa

mandm'smommy
05-05-2013, 03:26 PM
I am a little lost, I went on the main website for Mia Bella and the commission did not show 40-50% it had a graph that showed 5% if you wanted to make a higher % you had to sell a CRAZY amount! Confused. Liked the 40-50%

For the 16 oz candle you earn a little more than 40%. Some products may vary a tad, but overall for just the products themselves, you earn between 40-50% of the retail cost. You may have been looking at the comission for earning on a downline....but I'm not sure...

Melissa

monicaanddavidsmom
05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Thank you. I am not sure what I was looking at, but the numbers were staggering lol! I like the autoship much better!

mandm'smommy
05-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Thank you. I am not sure what I was looking at, but the numbers were staggering lol! I like the autoship much better!

You are so welcome! Looking at all the information online can get so confusing especially when each company seems to have its own lingo and deciphering that isn't always easy. We are always here to help so please feel free to ask away on here!

monicaanddavidsmom
05-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I just went and looked at it again it is the residual income, so it looks like it would be very hard to make money by building a down line, one would have to sell an insane amount. :(

BarbB
05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Hi Kristy:

Yes the 40-50% was profit on product not what you make on your downline. Our compensation plan is very generous on any downline. I think when you look at other companies you'll see our commission and comp plan is exceptional. You don't have to sell tons if you are building a team.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

mandm'smommy
05-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I just went and looked at it again it is the residual income, so it looks like it would be very hard to make money by building a down line, one would have to sell an insane amount. :(

You earn 5% on the first leg of your active downline by just having the autoship yourself. Now, you can earn plus earnings and that means you are selling $100 per month which is still quite doable, but the only requirement to earn on a downline is your monthly autoship. Does that help?

Melissa

DebraFerrie
05-05-2013, 04:23 PM

no, not true at all

BellaCandleMom
05-05-2013, 06:00 PM
An Associate or an Autoship distributor both can earn on their downline. To be considered active and earn residuals, (even if you are an Associate), the min quota is $39.95 per month. HTH

Alison

MrsTeresa
05-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Just a FYI: Associates can also participate in the basic compensation plan and earn as well as long as they have a minimum of $39.95 USD in commissionable volume in any given month.

I don't usually like to talk about how much money is being made because that all depends on the person and how much they are working the business. This is a great opportunity and you can earn big money, I've seen many who do very well. It's all up to you, your passion for your business and being consistent with doing what needs to be done to be successful and see results. You can achieve your goals if you set your mind to it. Take care :) good luck to you...

Teresa

mandm'smommy
05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=Gratitude;3118696][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2]Just a FYI: Associates can also participate in the basic compensation plan and earn as well as long as they have a minimum of $39.95 USD in commissionable volume in any given month

Yes! Great point...I should have stated that. Such a low amount to earn on your downline. Mia Bella has a fantastic compensation plan!

Melissa

MrsTeresa
05-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi Melissa :) How are you? Yes they do that's for sure ♥
Take care and have a good evening!

mandm'smommy
05-06-2013, 04:04 AM
Hi Melissa :) How are you? Yes they do that's for sure ♥
Take care and have a good evening!

Hey Teresa.

I am great....definitely ready for the school year to be over, but I can see summer coming so all is good.

Have a great week!

Melissa

MrsTeresa
05-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Hey Teresa.

I am great....definitely ready for the school year to be over, but I can see summer coming so all is good.

Have a great week!

Melissa

Summer, yay... Can't wait :D Thanks!!
Take care and you have a great week as well..