WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

lisabathome
04-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Our company has done a great job equiping us with social media share buttons - so how are you promoting? Are you using FB more or Pinterest - and how about Twitter - I am fairly new to Twitter so not really sure what I am doing there... lol

lorah
05-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Since I am jumping in again, I would be interested in hearing how to promote as well. I am not on Facebook and honestly have no intention of going there. I am on Twitter (but honestly don't "get" it) Pinterest, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon and a few home business type forums. I also blog, but not about home decor. Although, I could put a link there or start a new blog. So I am open to hearing ideas but please don't tell me that FB is the end all be all because I don't want any part of it. thanks!

lisabathome
05-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Our company uses constant contact to send out several e-mails a week - I have def gotten business from those - so adding customers to your Athome Address book is a great way to keep them in the loop. Also, since we have a "product of the day" I think a blog or twitter would be a great way to promote that.

lorah
05-24-2013, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the tips Lisa. I need to go make an At Home board on Pinterest. I'll have to visit Twitter again too. I need to figure out the balance between personal and business tweets though, I know I don't like it when those I follow do a constant barage of "Look at my stuff" tweets.

sydnee21
05-30-2013, 03:50 PM
I am a rep for a similar business Lorah and I don't use Facebook for promoting. I do use other networks like Twitter and Pinterest however. You can use a tool like HootSuite to schedule a tweet once per week or so promoting your site. I find that keeps the "I have to promote my biz" thoughts out of mind so you can use the platforms as they were intended - to be social and make connections.

I am also a blogger so I guest post frequently and will link back to my site when relevant.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1