WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : AtHome is new and improved!

lisabathome
03-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Wanted to let eveyone know that AtHome has new owners and fantastic new prices - I am so very excited about it!

Blessings ~ Lisa

SavvyMom
03-27-2013, 07:58 AM
I am excited about it too! They have made some wonderful improvements and I'm loving everything about it. :)

lorah
03-27-2013, 10:40 AM
I am really liking what I am seeing so far on the website. Are there quotas to remain active? Any minimums or fees of any kind? Almost sounds too good to be true.

SavvyMom
03-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi Lora, I sent you a PM but I wanted to answer here too.

There are no fees and no quotas required to stay active and get the free website.

If you want to earn on team sales you would have to do $500 in personal sales, but we have furniture and rugs, etc. that are high ticket items.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask! :)

lorah
03-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Thank you, yes, I got your PM and I appreciate it. I also noticed that the website said there will soon be an option for reps to do home parties? I don't know if I could do $500 a month in personal sales to earn on a team, but ya never know, right?

SavvyMom
03-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Yes, you can do home parties if you want, many on our team are having success with home parties. The nice thing about At Home is you can choose to run your business online, through parties or both. I love that we have options!

As far as the $500 requirement goes it is certainly possible to do. :)

lorah
03-27-2013, 11:43 AM
What about online parties? Are those available yet? Is it something that might come along in the future?

lorah
03-27-2013, 11:55 AM
I just signed up Monica! So you can start emailing me things that I need to get started! Thanks so much!

SavvyMom
03-27-2013, 12:00 PM
The websites aren't set up to do online parties yet, however, being an "online" home decor business I would think that they would have plans to integrate this in the future. :)

For now you would just enter the event info (host, orders, etc.) in your backoffice. We have a document that explains how to do this.

SavvyMom
03-27-2013, 12:02 PM
I just signed up Monica! So you can start emailing me things that I need to get started! Thanks so much!

Welcome to the team Lora, I will send you the info to get started! :)

Monica

lorah
03-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks so much Monica! I look forward to being on your team! Just noticed that my picture isn't showing up on my about me page. Maybe it's just my computer.

SavvyMom
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks so much Monica! I look forward to being on your team! Just noticed that my picture isn't showing up on my about me page. Maybe it's just my computer.

You're welcome! I can see your picture on your website. :)

lorah
03-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Ok then it's just on my end. I seem to be having issues lately. It will correct itself at some point. Thanks for letting me know! I can see the picture now. Guess my computer just needed to catch up LOL

lorah
03-27-2013, 03:26 PM
How many At Home Consultants are here? Do we have 5 to request our own folder?

lisabathome
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
It would be great to have our own folder!

SavvyMom
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
I would love to have a folder too so that's 3 of us, we just need 2 more. :)

lorah
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
When we have 5, I will put in the request in the appropriate folder and then everyone will have to respond there so admin can make the folder. They have to be members for at least 15 days and have at least 30 posts, so here's hoping more join us!

Eye
03-29-2013, 06:18 AM
Um, I think I just signed up! LOL. Under Lisa.

But when I went verify my email it said my email was verified, but I tried to log in and it said I was invalid? Any thoughts?

lorah
03-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Welcome! You will get an email that has your username and password. Once you log in you can change it to whatever you want HTH

Eye
03-29-2013, 06:38 AM
Is that a different email than the verify your email one? And thanks.

lorah
03-29-2013, 06:54 AM
The one I got says Confirm your AtHome Consultant Account. In it was my username I chose for my website and a password. Then I went to my website and logged in with that info.

Eye
03-29-2013, 07:00 AM
I figured it out! I need coffee! LOL. I'm in. But have no clue what to do now.

lorah
03-29-2013, 07:04 AM
ROFL! Welcome to my world! I have no idea what I am doing right now either but I am enjoying the process. Monica sent me a bunch of things through email because I am not on Facebook (and don't want to be) So I am printing and reading. I'm sure Lisa can help you with some of that.

lorah
03-29-2013, 07:14 AM
One more to request our own folder! WOOT WOOT! Who will it be?

Eye
03-29-2013, 07:28 AM
LMAO. I just wanna make money. I sent Lisa a PM, and I do have FB, so I'm hoping there is a FB team page to help!

I started selling Origami Owl in January and LOVE it. But I do spend a lot of time online networking, so I might as well spread the wealth a bit. I'm discovering I am pretty dang good at this networking thing! :D

lorah
03-29-2013, 07:42 AM
LOL I really need money too! I'd love to hear about how and what you use to network. I do ok but nothing earth shattering and could always improve! So any tips you care to share would be most appreciated!

lisabathome
03-29-2013, 07:46 AM
Hi Eileen, I am excited to work with you! Check your spam folder the e-mail may have gone there, also I will be sending you a welcome e-mail very shortly.

Eye
03-29-2013, 07:55 AM
LOL I really need money too! I'd love to hear about how and what you use to network. I do ok but nothing earth shattering and could always improve! So any tips you care to share would be most appreciated!

I really hate to say this, but Social Media is the way to go right now. FB is huge and FREE. that's my favorite outlet right now. I realize you don't want it, but maybe you should consider at least starting a FB business page.

Twitter, linked in, etc. As far as locally, think about free advertising. My local newspaper will print a press release for free. I'm also a huge fan of flyers. Post them on your grocery store bulletin boards. Or sometimes small restaurants have them too. Church bulletins are great as well, inexpensive and people tend to buy from companies that are donating to their church.

Eye
03-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi Eileen, I am excited to work with you! Check your spam folder the e-mail may have gone there, also I will be sending you a welcome e-mail very shortly.

Thanks Lisa! I kind of signed up by mistake, but that's ok, since it was FREE! LOL.

Eye
03-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Got it! I'm gonna read like crazy now! And I just told my husband I was taking the day off! lmao. I'm a networking junkie!

lorah
03-29-2013, 08:15 AM
I really hate to say this, but Social Media is the way to go right now. FB is huge and FREE. that's my favorite outlet right now. I realize you don't want it, but maybe you should consider at least starting a FB business page.

Twitter, linked in, etc. As far as locally, think about free advertising. My local newspaper will print a press release for free. I'm also a huge fan of flyers. Post them on your grocery store bulletin boards. Or sometimes small restaurants have them too. Church bulletins are great as well, inexpensive and people tend to buy from companies that are donating to their church.

If I didn't have to have a personal page before creating a business page, I might consider it. I just really truly hate that place. I was on there before and it was a nightmare. I am on Twitter, Plurk, Linked In and Stumble Upon. Oh and Pinterest too. I visit some of those more than others but I will start regular postings now. Thanks for the ideas, I will see what I can do.

lisabathome
03-29-2013, 08:51 AM
yes, especially with this business FB and pinterest are a huge asset - I posted a funny picture on my business page that went viral, that is how you get new likes and once people are on your page - they will click your site like and fall in love because our products are awesome. In addition, have you noticed every single one of our products has a Fb, pinterest, google plus and twitter button, you absolutely want to use those.

lorah
03-29-2013, 09:06 AM
I guess I am just going to have to work a little harder since I won't be using FB. I will, however, post things to my Pinterest boards and I will Plurk and Tweet about it. I didn't notice that about our products but I will absolutely make use of those! Thanks for the info!

ETA: Well I am a pinning fool right now. I'm so glad you told me about this!

lisabathome
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Happy to help!

SavvyMom
03-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the family Eye! :)

SavvyMom
03-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Lora if you ever decide to do a business FB page you can just create a personal page where you hide it from search engines and set everything to private and it can just sit there LOL. Just something to think about for the future.

Thanks for the tips Lisa! :)

lorah
03-29-2013, 11:21 AM
I know they "tell" you that it just sits there, but after all of the privacy issues, I am just not so sure. But I will keep it in mind for another time maybe. I'm just not a fan of the place.

SavvyMom
03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
I know what you mean Lora and FB is just one option for promoting our business - definitely not required.

I think using Pinterest is a great idea. People can see all of our great stuff and come shop our stores. I haven't joined Pinterest yet so it is on my to do list! :)

lorah
03-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Pinterest is amazing and quite addicting. I used to spend hours there and have managed to watch myself and go there every other day or so. I've pinned a few products and will be pinning more over the next few days. I get up REALLY early, like 1 am so I have lots of time to play before my day gets started.

Erica Chaves Sandwall
03-29-2013, 09:51 PM
I just sign up the other day too.

lorah
03-30-2013, 12:24 AM
Wonderful Erica! Glad to have you! As soon as you are a member for 15 days and have 30 posts we can request our own folder! Awesome!

lisabathome
03-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Welcome Erica!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1