WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

nbfbaw
03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Which do you like better as they buyer or as a seller. To offer free shipping which we know as a seller if we offer free shipping we build it into the price or to charge an amount on the item and then charge the shipping fees? Which do you think is better?

Requill
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi #=]

I checked out your website. It looks great ( and I'm sure that your mixes taste as good too)
I'm a top-rated seller on ebay, so I figure I am in a position to give my opinions regarding shipping.

You are aware that doing either of the options you mentioned has its pros and cons.
With that said, I think you should offer free shipping within USA, since I assume that is where you are located.

If your shipping costs within USA is something like $2, it's more beneficial for your sales if you can offer FREE SHIPPING and highlight that aspect in your website.
When people from your country browse through your items, they no longer will worry about shipping costs. They will be like "This is awesome and I'm only going to pay $10 for me to have this!!"

Hope this helps :)

jacq1292
03-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Even though we know, as Sellers, that shipping is factored into the final sales price, I believe many customers like to see free shipping. My items are relatively low priced. By using free shipping, I actually increase my profit when someone purchases multiple items at one time, rather than the lower price without shipping. I generally offer free shipping on fixed price listings and listings with variations.

For auctions, I like to keep the shipping separate. If someone enjoys auctions, they may want to try for more than 1 item and will enjoy the savings with combined shipping. These are a small number of my listings, though.

Karuli
04-04-2013, 10:18 AM
I offer free shipping and build it into my price. eBay offers 20% discount to top rated sellers who offer free shipping if you meet the criteria. The recent postal increase still stings.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1