WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

veronica.l
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
There are many affiliate networks to chose from...

-Clickbank
-Linkshare
-Commission Junction
-MarketHealth

just to mention a few

Which One Is Your Favorite Affiliate Network?

Veronica

angienewton
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
I like Linkshare, Share a Sale and Escalate.

The one that is least user friendly to me is the Google Affiliate Network.

danasurvey
03-04-2013, 11:43 AM
The one that is least user friendly to me is the Google Affiliate Network.

I've used a number of networks and agree with Angine 100% about Google. They are a lot less friendly.

Excel100
03-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I've used a number of networks and agree with Angine 100% about Google. They are a lot less friendly.

I'm involved with four different affiliate program; commission junction, tradedoubler, paid on result and google affiliate. of them all I find tradedoubler to be of benefit and nice to work with

veronica.l
03-04-2013, 05:00 PM
I agree with you ladies, Google Affiliate Network is not very user friendly...
I tried them out a couple of years ago but today I don`t work with them at all.

Cynthialil
03-04-2013, 05:06 PM
I used to be very fond of Commission Junction but now they charge you if you're inactive. I don't make a lot of money on the site as it is, now that I'm actually losing the dollars I've earned - it's time to pull down all my links.

sabatek
03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
I like -Clickbank. I also like the way they pay.

veronica.l
03-05-2013, 06:50 AM
There is a lot of junk on Clickbank but you can for sure find some golden nuggets:)

Louidam1
03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
My favorite is Panthera Network and MaxBounty.

kpfingaz
03-06-2013, 09:43 PM
I like Shareasale - they have some great advertisers and I get paid through Payoneer.

Linkshare is great too. I always get a check from Clickbank but there are a lot of junk to sift through to find the good stuff.

I agree with everyone about Google Affiliate Network - not very user friendly for a company that fights against this type of stuff - how ironic.

Cynthialil
03-07-2013, 02:14 AM
I like Shareasale - they have some great advertisers and I get paid through Payoneer.

Linkshare is great too. I always get a check from Clickbank but there are a lot of junk to sift through to find the good stuff.

I just started using Shareasale but I had a hard time navigating around on the site. Lately, I've been sticking with Amazon. I used to do well with them, then they shut me down because of this issue over state taxes, then they reopened the account - for now. That experience taught me not to put all my eggs in one affiliate basket.

winterstarpromo
03-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Is an affiliate network a task type of thing?

veronica.l
03-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Affiliate network is a place where merchants can sign up and find people to promote their products.

You as an affiliate sign up with the network and then you can apply to promote the merchants products.

Say Linkshare for example. Companies like Walmart and Barnes and Nobles has signed up with them. I am a member and can chose to promote products from Walmart for example.

If a visitor click through my link to Walmart and purchase something I will get paid a commission...

Hope it makes sense :)

Nathan Bumstead
03-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey Everyone! So far the only one we have used is Clickbank. I think we just started there because they are the "heavy hitters" in the game. But I agree, there is a lot of junk. I was just in a conversation the other day with someone over the ethics on promoting anything on Clickbank without buying/using/testing it yourself first. I guess that depends on how much you value your list right? :)

I have a lot of IM training from Russell Brunson and he mentions PayDotCom.com often. Although I know Mike Filsamine owns it and I'm pretty sure the two guys are buddies...

ccole
03-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Click bank works for me well. Easy to use and they have lots of option what affiliate you will use.

veronica.l
03-17-2013, 07:52 AM
One thing you can do if you promote Clickbank products outside of the "make money" niche is contact the owner of the product and ask for a copy :). Yes they will often give it to you if you have a relevant site and are thinking of promoting it...

Just a little tip.

Hey Everyone! So far the only one we have used is Clickbank. I think we just started there because they are the "heavy hitters" in the game. But I agree, there is a lot of junk. I was just in a conversation the other day with someone over the ethics on promoting anything on Clickbank without buying/using/testing it yourself first. I guess that depends on how much you value your list right? :)

I have a lot of IM training from Russell Brunson and he mentions PayDotCom.com often. Although I know Mike Filsamine owns it and I'm pretty sure the two guys are buddies...

lrz
03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
One thing you can do if you promote Clickbank products outside of the "make money" niche is contact the owner of the product and ask for a copy :). Yes they will often give it to you if you have a relevant site and are thinking of promoting it...

Just a little tip.

Thanks for the tip. I did not know that.

beckysmarketing
03-17-2013, 10:24 PM
There are many affiliate networks to chose from...

-Clickbank
-Linkshare
-Commission Junction
-MarketHealth

just to mention a few

Which One Is Your Favorite Affiliate Network?

Veronica

My Savings Media

Leslie B
03-18-2013, 03:12 PM
My favorites are Amazon and Shareasale, although I use others if the products fit my market.

Adrianne
03-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Is clickbank still around? The site looks like some kind of
paid site for merchants or businesses.

SamanthaJ
03-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Wow so much fantastic info! Thank you :-)

veronica.l
03-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Clickbank is a good one to star with,

beeandbutterfly
03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
amazon is my favorite...:)

veronica.l
03-25-2013, 07:43 AM
Amazon is an alternative if it "fits" in well with your website.
The commission is pretty low though.

amazon is my favorite...:)

jammesscot
04-16-2013, 10:37 PM
I have used Clickbank and Commission Junction and both are excellent affiliate networks.

monkeycocoa
04-17-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm using Amazon, linkshare and shareasale, as well as cj, so far so good.

But for linkshare, i found that the links (both banner and product) do not have tracking code in it, which means i don't know how many times the links are clicked by visitors. or did i do something wrong??

valcreates
11-14-2013, 11:48 AM
I like zazzle affiliate because they are real products and I love getting a referral because I love helping other artists and brands
I love also when I sell my own art and see its third party referral that someone liked my art enugh to promote it

tb550home
11-14-2013, 01:38 PM
I've found that Clickbank is still the gold standard. It is just easier to sell digital products.

alwayshome
11-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Commission Junction. I also hated google affiliate but I'm doing okay with their adsense.

DSAldridge
11-16-2013, 01:37 PM
I got kicked off of Commission Junction after Panda, because my blog went from a PR3 to PR1, and at that time, they required you to be a 3 or above. I don't know about now, but a lot of people lost their accounts, and my affiliate there ended up leaving. But they went to Google Affiliates, and wouldn't take me there because I wasn't a PR3 anymore, even though my blog had sold a ton of their stuff. I never could find anyone on GA that would take me because of my PR, so I just gave up for awhile.

Does Commission Junction still require a PR3?

Angela in Oz
12-10-2013, 12:33 PM
I use clickbank and CJ, they both have products that align with my niche

mountainmom5
12-10-2013, 01:33 PM
I got kicked off of Commission Junction after Panda, because my blog went from a PR3 to PR1, and at that time, they required you to be a 3 or above. I don't know about now, but a lot of people lost their accounts, and my affiliate there ended up leaving. But they went to Google Affiliates, and wouldn't take me there because I wasn't a PR3 anymore, even though my blog had sold a ton of their stuff. I never could find anyone on GA that would take me because of my PR, so I just gave up for awhile.

Does Commission Junction still require a PR3?

I never heard of that. I lost my PR too after the google zoo animals, but I never lost my cj account. And then I sold my website so I only have some blogs floating around out there but I still have my account with them as far as I know.

I don't do much with affiliate marketing anymore as I do network marketing and that keeps me busy so I am a little out of the loop on it all... :)

learnit2earnit
12-11-2013, 09:27 PM
I enjoy Clickbank, Amazon especially since you can set up a store for specific products and JVZoo.... but I love my Empower Network affiliate program because of the commission structure. And using a blog to promote any of your affiliate products has proven to be a great marketing strategy that works really well. Plus you build connections over time. And.... it's fun!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1