WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : yardsellr closing down

ybnegood
02-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Never happy news when an ecommerce site shuts down.

Personally, I thought it sucked to have to register your facebook account just to view the items
so I never shopped there and let them know why they wouldnt get my business as either a seller or a buyer. They didn't seem to care

I hope all those that were selling there find a new site and continue to prosper.

martin

nbfbaw
02-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Sad to hear but I agree I did not like having to use facebook to get to their site which is why I never dealt with them either.

extremelibrary
02-23-2013, 02:27 PM
I read about this recently on Facebook.

khakigirl
03-25-2013, 07:36 AM
They failed due to poor management, plain and simple. The owner thought he was so much smarter than the sellers who made Yardsellr temporarily succeed. At first, he listened to our concerns and tried to change things but after awhile, he stopped listening and did whatever made him the most money. I jumped ship early as did a few others. I tried Bonanza but they shut down my account saying that my IP address matched the address of another account holder and they refused to respond to my emails. So I went back to eBay. The fees are way high (and are about to go up again) but you can't beat the exposure.

lorah
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
I just read something on MSN that said eBays fees were going down due to Amazon increasing theirs?

nbfbaw
03-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Here is a seller update for ebay
•Free listings with eBay Stores: Starting May 1, get up to 2,500 FREE listings* per month with your eBay Stores subscription. Final value fees will be simplified to 5 competitive category-based rates as low as 4% (and never more than 9%)—regardless of how you sell. Get complete details.
•More flexibility with standard fees (no Stores subscription): Starting April 16, your 50 free listings* per month can be listed Auction-style or fixed price. Pay just one flat 10% final value fee—only when your item sells. Get complete details.

New seller protections

carla_easley
03-29-2013, 10:34 AM
I can't wait for the new eBay updates to start. I didn't think that it was fair for store owners to not entitled to 50 free listings. The final value fees will be decreased as well so I'm extremely happy about this.

Yardsellr was ok but I disliked the Facebook login as well

khakigirl
04-01-2013, 06:14 AM
If you don't have a store, fees are going WAY up. Check this fee calculator (http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/Feecalculator.html?customid=Be0kxJrNEeKdzkLSzz4jvw WA._i-WU3_0_0_0&pub=5574652453&afepn=5337259887&campid=5337259887&afepn=5337259887). It's going to destroy the small sellers, people who use eBay like a big yard sale.

An example in the consumer electronics (bluray players, digital cameras, etc) category:
Let's assume an item sells for $100. The old FVF was $6 vs the new FVF which is $10, that's an increase of 66.7%. The increases get bigger when the price is higher. If you wanted to sell a high-end item like a DSLR, your fees would be WAY higher. Let's say you wanted to sell a mid-range DSLR and it sells for $2500. The fees now would be $81 (assuming fixed price listing). The new fees would be $250. That's an increase of over 200% and that's absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, you could just open a store but who wants to go through that just to sell a few items?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1