WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Origami owl or jewel kade?

mariposa12
02-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I like both, but I am worry about the price point ? Any advise?

nv93446
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I think they're different and it really comes down to what you love because you'll be wearing the jewelry. I personally love Jewel Kade because the jewelry appeals to me and my friends. OO is cute but the locket alone is not enough for me, even though you can change it with charms and dangles, but it's still a locket on the outside. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer because it depends on what you love. As for price points, you won't appease everyone because what's expensive to one person may not be to the next person.

KNicholls
02-17-2013, 01:10 PM
I believe Janette nailed it on this one. I've found with my things that it's not about price point for many people, although it is for some. Find something you love and if you're passionate about it, that goes a long way toward making sales.

JodiO
02-17-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm probably somewhat partial, since I sell for Origami Owl, but I've never been a jewelry wearer until Origami Owl (besides my wedding ring).

I agree with other poster to do the one you are passionate about. I love Origami Owl because you can tell your story as well as learn and help your customer tell their story and that appeals to me.

You can change it up by changing out the chains, dangles, charms and also layer it with other pieces so I love the versatility all the while being unique to you.

Let me know if I can help you answer any other questions.

Rachel~Jewel Kade Stylist
03-02-2013, 09:24 PM
You've probably made up your mind already at this point.

I don't want to come across as biased since I sell Jewel Kade so I'll try my best.

Origami Owl and Jewel Kade are SO different i their look. Really take a look at what speaks to YOU. What is YOUR style?

Both can be layered. Both can be customized. OO has living lockets. JK has timeless, heirloom quality photo charms. You can tell your story with both.

Again, completely different styles here. So go with what is YOU! :)

Erin Barnes
03-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I see Jewel Kade as being less broad than South Hill Designs. I really like JK stuff but I feel like it wouldn't have as broad a range for customers, with the lockets, everyone gets to pick how it's going to look. But it's all about what you love and want to promote.

armymomof4
03-22-2013, 05:37 PM
For me personally it was about what I loved and what touched me. I knew when I was in the right place the minute I saw the product:)

Rachel~Jewel Kade Stylist
03-22-2013, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't say JK is less broad. I would say different in how each company customizes. I just created a photo charm for a woman who lost a child. I scanned the baby's footprint from the hospital and put the baby's photo on the other side. Another woman lost her mother and we scanned a note her mother wrote to her so she had her handwriting and message with her at all times. I also donated a "65 Roses" hand-stamped piece of jewelry for a Cystic Fibrosis event because that how little children pronounce it.

To me there is no competition or why you should choose JK over OO. In fact you could probably layer OO and JK together. :)

It completely based on style and what you are willing to wear. If you love it, you can sell it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1