WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Supermomlb
01-15-2013, 10:03 AM
If you want to lose weight and keep it off you have to stop dieting.

Stop looking for weight loss foods and focus on healthy foods.

You have to stop spending $400 per month with Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig with their pre-packaged meals because you know you aren't spending that kind of money for the rest of your life with them.

You can't live on shakes,puddings, and frozen meals for the rest of your life.

Once you stop eating those foods you will gain your weight back if you don't learn how to eat healthy with foods you buy from the grocery store or farmer's market.

So with that said Stop running for weight loss foods and run to healthy foods!

Amy Jacobs
01-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I agree lady BUT.. most people will always buy into a quick fix instead of a lifelong change :(

soabbd
01-15-2013, 10:24 AM
I agree but you cant live with the fatty look.

Trudi Sells
01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
I like Weight Watchers. No, I am not going to count points the rest of my life but I am learning combinations of what I can eat and works for me. I would rather see WW commercials with real people and not celebrities, though.

Amy Jacobs
01-16-2013, 10:06 AM
portion control and exercise! We have this HUGE fitness center in town only $19.99 a month to belong the parking lot is always pretty empty maybe a dozen or so cars.. Now go to the next block golden corral so many cars people have to park in the overflow lot :eek: its just crazy..

Dugsmom
01-16-2013, 12:33 PM
I agree with Amy. People want the easiest solution for losing weight but if it were THAT easy we would have no overweight people in this world. You just have to really want it and work for it.
Dieting doesn't work. It has to be a lifestyle change....Once you get used to your new lifestyle, it gets really easy to maintain the weight. It's just taking that first step and sticking with it.
But I totally agree that you don't have to pay large amounts of money to lose weight. I would never pay good money for frozen food...ugh. lol

Supermomlb
01-16-2013, 06:16 PM
That is crazy Amy! lol Golden corral is taking them out of business haha
It amaze me that people even complain about cost when you can pay $20 per month for membership or buy workout dvds.

I just hate to see people waste money on things that will only work temporarily.

Supermomlb
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I agree with Amy. People want the easiest solution for losing weight but if it were THAT easy we would have no overweight people in this world. You just have to really want it and work for it.
Dieting doesn't work. It has to be a lifestyle change....Once you get used to your new lifestyle, it gets really easy to maintain the weight. It's just taking that first step and sticking with it.
But I totally agree that you don't have to pay large amounts of money to lose weight. I would never pay good money for frozen food...ugh. lol

Yes! It has became like breathing for me! I don't count calories or none of that complicated mess since I have worked on the habit.

Not a fan of frozen food either! lol

momsbusy247
01-17-2013, 03:55 AM
I agree with Amy said about portion control and exercise. You can basically eat anything you want as long as it's in moderation, do not abuse it. Eating healthy and daily exercise are the best partners for losing weight and a healthy lifestyle :)

DamselProAmberLaBee
02-22-2013, 01:57 PM
I completely agree! I have always said that I will never do any of the weight loss diets where you have to drink their shakes or eat only their food, because you are likely going to gain all the weight back as soon as you stop participating! Thats why I like Weight Watchers, I am eating all the same stuff I was eating before, I just know how much of it I am supposed to be eating instead of gorging myself!

nattiesmother
02-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I agree..people are always looking for that magic pill or shake lol....I lost weight twice...first time after my oldest was 7.I lost over 100 pounds.This time around I lost 70 plus after my twins were born.I just workout and eat healthy.

Shell0405
03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm extremely tired of the shake craze....I fell for it...& it just makes me mad everytime I think about it! lol.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1