WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Christmas Bazaar/ Fair?

Amy03
11-08-2012, 03:48 PM
I was asked, by someone if I was interested in renting a spot at a Christmas Bazaar, to promote Scentsy! I was wondering how others have done at functions like that, is it worth it? and wouldn't I want merchandise on hand to sell on the spot, I am new to Scentsy, so I do not have extra product, like many who have been doing it while... Any input would be great!
Amy

kainsley\
11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Shows like that can go either way. I usually do fairly well at the smaller shows, but you really never know. It depends on the location, the weather, their expected traffic (& the type of clientele), how much they advertise, etc. Usually this time of year is good though. You will definitely sell cash & carry if you have it, but lots of consultants are very successful just having a display & taking orders. I say go for it! Good luck & let us know how it goes.

mommy2005
11-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Congrats on getting a show already! I really enjoy doing vendor events. It is a great chance to interact with different people and show some of them what Scentsy is all about.

This time of year, people are looking for cash and carry for holiday gifts. It's just tricky to buy inventory because you don't want to have too much left over. Be sure to ask the organizer how many people attended last year. Some consultants also suggest buying 3 times what the booth space cost in inventory. I only have about 20 scents to sell, too. Plus, you can always take orders.

Good luck!

Tara P
11-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I also do alot of fairs. It's nice to have inventory but not necessary. You could do a drawing and focus on booking parties from the contact leads. Do you have upline that you can borrow product from? Good luck!

christyvw2004
11-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes by all means do...either take orders or borrow from upline. This time of year shows are extra great...good luck.

Amy03
11-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Thank you for your replies! All great advice! I appreciate your help! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1