WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Help please :)

Heather Ballard
11-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Hello! I guess I need some encouragement. I signed up about a month ago but life got in the way and I wasn't able to really start til now. But I'm sorta confused on how to. I set up my website and started the training videos. I am going to begin to advertise on Facebook in some WAH groups I'm already a part of. I was thinking about business cards to put up places with my web address. Vista print has 250 for free :) I don;t have a lot of $$ to spend so I was going to hold off on the brochures for now but maybe I should get some?? And if I don't, where to I find what is on sale to advertise to get people to my site?? Sorry I'm rambling I just want this to work out and want to find the best way to do that :) Thanks everyone!!

michellej
11-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Hi Heather welcome to Avon. You should invest in the brochures because that is your store front. The brochures you can show people right away. The key is to build a customer base. I work my Avon for about 2 hours a day handing out brochures and talking to people and maybe 2 hours on the internet.

You also should invest in the business cards. Vista Print is free and they are of good quality. I think with the shipping it is like $10.00 but you can hand out your business cards, post them in business etc... And yes you can have your website printed on them. Be sure to tell people they can order online.

Good luck and much success.

SAHMof2
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi Heather,

Welcome to Avon. I would suggest contacting your Dristrict Manager. Let Him/Her know your situation and that you would love to purchase brochures but funds are low. Ask Him/Her if they have extra brochures that you can get to build your customer base. Now that being said you need to purchase your own brochures, enough for your current customers at least every campaign. Also ask your DM if he/she would be willing to take you out searching for customers.

Also you can talk to your upline (the person you signed up under).

I do use business cards but only for current customers and downline members. I don't really hand them out to everyone for advertising. I hand out brochures to potential customers and try it kits to potential recruits. But every business is different and using business cards might work in your favor.

To start with your job is to advertise and get your name out in the public as the local Avon rep. So again talk to your DM or upline and let them know you are really wanting to work this business and make money and ask them how they can help you out.

Hope this helps ~ Good Luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

*In*2*Win*
11-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Welcome to Avon!

Good for you! Taking all of the available training will clear up much of your confusion.

As for cards vs. books...... BOOKS!

Our books are our "store" and the more you get out there the better chance you have at orders. Do you want 10 people visiting your store? 20? 30? ..... DSM's normally will share their extra books at the sales meetings (at least they do here in California) Think its an incentive to get our newbies to come :)

Good luck!

Bonnie
:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Heather Ballard
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks ladies! I ordered both books and cards. I figure I can stick the business cards just about anywhere :)

*In*2*Win*
11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Heather

One other thing Ive used is stickey notes - made up a few sets on vistaprint - you can stick them anywhere (bathroom doors are great) hehe

Bonnie

CrosswordLady
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Ask your local senior citizens center if you can take 3 minutes of their time at their next luncheon to introduce yourself. The ladies might enjoy what u have to offer. And the gentlemen. They feel safer around their peers and u might find a new customer base there.

auntiemissa
12-04-2012, 10:51 AM
hi heather!
you always need books! put them in waiting rooms at dr offices,tanning salons,laundromat etc etc
i use vista print for my business cards.they always have sales like 500 cards for 10.00 and sometimes free items(of course there shipping)
email me at [email protected] if u wanna chat more on ideas!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1