WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Working As an Agent At Keen.com

klady3818
11-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Does anyone have any advice or experience about how it is to work for Keen.com as an advisor or psychic?

Many Thanks;

k

cristina
11-04-2012, 09:36 AM
I work at Keen and it can be tricky figuring out how to work the bidding process. In order for your listing to show on keen you have to bid for placement. some people have started bidding at 5 cents a click...you have to have at least $25 in your account to pay for clicks. They put money into your account every month or you can withdraw it when you want for a 2% fee.

I don't bid much and don't take phone calls there, but I do relatively well with chat, which is still in beta. If you don't take phone calls, you can bid, but the money isn't touched. There is a lot to learn about Keen. The best you can do is sign up, and learn the site. Read directions. there is a lot to learn there.

Contact me in private and I can send you directions that may help you with your business on Keen.

charmedangel 101
11-24-2012, 01:35 AM
There is something going on with Keen website,business is about gone. In certain sections you don't even have to bid anymore and still stay on first and second page.

I noticed some of the people were charging $14 to $19.99 a minute. Now they have come down to $9.99 a minute.

Anyone know whats going on there?

EmpathicHeart
11-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Some of us charging less than 19.99min are staying busy.

For advisors that charge more than the price of a cellphone for a basic reading, they might find the period between Black Friday and about mid-January, a somewhat lean time.

cristina
12-01-2012, 12:26 PM
I think what is happening there is that the lower paid readers are getting all the business. I stayed at $1.99 for chat only and did very well last month. So I think it's the industry itself. These big companies try to entice new clients, rarely do new clients click on an advisor charging 9.99 per minute..now they come to the lower priced advisors...

scothypnotist
07-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I just tried to phone the customer service number about 20 minutes ago.
The recording said customer service was closed. Kinda early for that?
Any comments?
Namaste'

scothypnotist
07-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Could you tell me what kind of advertising you are using to get your results?
Namaste'

EmpathicHeart
08-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Speaking for myself: none, except bidding on keen for placement and word of mouth from regulars. Only reason I bid at all is to bring in new blood...on "alert me of calls" the bidding is turned off, on days when I need a slower pace I'll just take returning clients...

elana242
09-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Keen has been bought by a company called Ingenio, LLC which is a good move, from what I found on that company.

allisonmackenzie
09-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks for this information. It is greatly appreciated.

Klear
11-24-2014, 12:49 PM
I had the strangest interaction with Keen.com and I'm wondering if anyone else has went through this before. Since I am an experienced Tarot Card Reader and prefer to work from home, so I thought Keen would be an excellent way to do so. After I researched this site, signed up, created my first listing, then waited three days for approval of that listing. On the third day, I went into my account to check the status of my listing, when I was confronted by personal verification page, confirmed by Equifax. I complied and provided my essential information on that secured page. The next day, I got this message from them:

After further review of your Keen account we have decided to exercise our right under section 3B of our Member Agreement and cancel your account.

Regards,
Play Fair

Basically, it's a standard fail-safe that allows Keen to terminate accounts without cause or explanation. That is fine by me, but I'm concerned that this happened AFTER I provided my driver's license, birth date, current/previous address, social security number to prove that I am who I say I am. Is Keen collecting information?

This practice is unsettling to me and I am in the process of resolution. As I am doing so, I have been receiving more 'bot' replies, where I can not reply to the message sent. Keen offers rather limited support - no contact number, live chat option, or email address, much less a physical one. Keen.com is powered by Ingenio, I will contact them next.

If you're considering registering anything at Keen.com, please be careful. Apparently, this doesn't happened to everyone, but it's something to be aware of.
I had the strangest interaction with Keen.com and I'm wondering if anyone else has went through this before. Since I am an experienced Tarot Card Reader and prefer to work from home, so I thought Keen would be an excellent way to do so. After I researched this site, signed up, created my first listing, then waited three days for approval of that listing. On the third day, I went into my account to check the status of my listing, when I was confronted by personal verification page, confirmed by Equifax. I complied and provided my essential information on that secured page. The next day, I got this message from them:

After further review of your Keen account we have decided to exercise our right under section 3B of our Member Agreement and cancel your account.

Regards,
Play Fair

Basically, it's a standard fail-safe that allows Keen to terminate accounts without cause or explanation. That is fine by me, but I'm concerned that this happened AFTER I provided my driver's license, birth date, current/previous address, social security number to prove that I am who I say I am. Is Keen collecting information?

This practice is unsettling to me and I am in the process of resolution. As I am doing so, I have been receiving more 'bot' replies, where I can not reply to the message sent. Keen offers rather limited support - no contact number, live chat option, or email address, much less a physical one. Keen.com is powered by Ingenio, I will contact them next.

If you're considering registering anything at Keen.com, please be careful. Apparently, this doesn't happened to everyone, but it's something to be aware of.

EmpathicHeart
12-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah. Whatever.

writingonegirl
02-10-2016, 11:08 PM
I had this exact same experience as Klear. I logged in tonight to see if my ads were approved, and I got the Equifax message.

Has anyone else? If so, was your account closed after filling this out?

Lady silvermoon
04-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Yes, I just had this happen to me, filled out the application, got back the more info, filled it all out and the right to refuse. Years ago was on Keen , did not have to do anything. And certainly not from Equifax.

oceanemotion
04-16-2016, 12:12 PM
I just started working on Keen a few months back, and I didnt have to fill any equifax?? form or anything. I am living in Northern Europe though, are you guys all in the US? Do you have issues with credit or something (had to google what equifax is)...wondering why they didnt list you.

jwinter
04-19-2016, 08:25 AM
I've had my account for over two years, I just never used it much. I wonder if they do this if you add any new listings at all or if it is just for totally new accounts.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1