WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Software for Finance tracking

ConradM
10-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Does anyone use anything of that nature to keep a record of their earnings and expenses?

*In*2*Win*
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi Conrad

I use a program called MBA for Avon. Its a customer invoicing tool with lots of extra functions.

When I first started though, I used a spreadsheet using Excel for expenses.

And created a second spreadsheet for tallying mileage.

If you have Excel, I can email it to you
Bonnie

SAHMof2
10-31-2012, 10:20 AM
I use AV4 and I also purchased Quicken for home and business. I haven't used the Quicken yet so cant comment on that. For the past few years I have used an excell speadsheet that I created from what H&R block asked for when we did our taxes to keep up with expenses. I also bought the neat receipt scanner to scan all my reciepts for businesses so I didn't have to deal with all the paperwork at the end of the year.

kcarpenter
10-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Can you share more about the receipt scanner? How does it work exactly? What is the cost? And where did you get it? Thanks for the info. :)

*In*2*Win*
10-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Karen
There are lots and lots on ebay. Hope that helps (and also gives you an idea of cost)

Bonnie

SAHMof2
10-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Here is the website, you can watch a demo of it. I bought mine a few years back at office depot.

NeatDesk - High Speed Desktop Scanner & Digital Filing System (http://www.neat.com/products/neatdesk)

kcarpenter
10-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Ok cool... I will watch the demo. Thank you!! :)

Bonnie, I will check it out on ebay.

Thanks for the info ladies! :)

~Kristine

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1