WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Are Most VAs Writers?

shadeb
10-24-2012, 08:59 PM
I have been working for a local company on an as needed basis from home for some time now. It is a utility construction company and I assist with everything from emails to drafting subcontracts to internet research on construction and tax laws.

I would love to expand and offer my services to other companies but it seems that most of the VA information I am finding pertains to writing or software/website type work. Are there others out there offering admin work from home that is more typical of administrative assistants in the office? I would love to find a place to network.

Thanks,
Debra

LilBlackDress
10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Have you looked at sites like Odesk? There are all kinds of VA type jobs. If you read thru different listings you will likely find ones that utilize the types of skills you have to offer.

If you Google Virtual Assistant + forums you will also find some solid forums where you can network with others who either want to be or are VA's.

drknlvly6781
11-03-2012, 07:14 PM
VA's perform a variety of tasks that include writing, but also things such as posting, answering phones, technical support, even sales and marketing! What matters is where you look

I have been working in Virtual call centers for 2 years, and the websites I always look in are Virtual Office Temps (http://www.virtualassistantjobs.com) and HomeWorkersNet (http://www.homeworkersnet.com) There they have real virtual assistant jobs of all kinds. Maybe you can find something that would more suit your desires and skills.

ccorrente
11-04-2012, 04:44 PM
I have found some good work at Odesk and also through networking with friends that may know a small business owner that needs some admin tasks done. No, these were not just writing jobs.

DARMAR
11-06-2012, 08:54 AM
VA's perform a variety of tasks that include writing, but also things such as posting, answering phones, technical support, even sales and marketing! What matters is where you look

I have been working in Virtual call centers for 2 years, and the websites I always look in are Virtual Office Temps (http://www.virtualassistantjobs.com) and HomeWorkersNet (http://www.homeworkersnet.com) There they have real virtual assistant jobs of all kinds. Maybe you can find something that would more suit your desires and skills.

I haven't heard of homeworkersnet.com before. Do they screen their jobs for legitimacy?

drknlvly6781
11-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Actually yes, yes they do. Homeworkersnet.com has actually been online since 1997, although I really just discovered them myself in 2009. If you are familiar with VOT Darmar, they actually post a lot of the same jobs. I keep both in mind not only for their good amount of listings and their variety, but you'll always find a few jobs on one that won't be on the other, and vice versa

jesserim
11-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Add to your list:Elance, Freelance.com and those viber sites as well , pays small but gives a lot of work :)

textchx
11-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Hi, I am in Philippines and am in search for a job at home. I have tried oDesk but it seems you have to do a lot of answering tests before someone would contact and hire you. I have tried onlinejobs.ph and viola! so fast and quick! I got a job!

Xelin
12-05-2012, 12:30 AM
There are a lot of tasks out there. I am not a writer though I function like a VA. It really depends what work is needed from you. There are sites where you can try to find various jobs like elance, freelancer, and odesk.

ncprice
12-10-2012, 05:45 PM
1. great pic
2. thanks for the info
:)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1