WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Thinking of joining

pyoung31
10-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Hello Ladies...

I have looked at several jewelry companies...and Silpada has just stuck out in my mind...
I like the benefits...love the jewelry...the website is very nice....etc.

Anymore info anyone can give me...suggestions...
My worry is getting continued parties...running out of people...

How do yall work your business?

liz.jewels
10-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Hi there!

So glad to hear you are looking into Silpada. Many women are apprehensive about being able to book parties. What I can say about Silpada is that there is amazing support and training available to representatives from corporate. There are 4-week tele-clinics on getting bookings, as well as weekly teleconferences. You can also get coaching from your sponsor or someone from sales & training at corporate.

It all really starts with your "who do you know" list, which you create when you start your business. You will have your kickoff, and ask people on your list to book with you. Once booked, you ask your hostesses to invite lots of people you don't already know. The idea then is to book at these parties. Each new hostess will invite some people from the party she attended, but there will also be new people that she invites who you haven't met, and this will expand your circle of influence.

You can also add to this by making new contacts through vendor shows, dropping off catalogs at businesses, using the 3 foot rule (anyone within 3 feet of you should know what you do), and more. These tools can lead to more parties, individual orders, or referrals.

If you have enthusiasm for your product and business, Silpada has the training and support to help you be successful. Good luck with your decision, and let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you!

pyoung31
10-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Thank you Liz for all the information..I live in Houston and silpada is going to be here this Saturday..I am going to that..excited about all of this..

liz.jewels
10-23-2012, 03:13 AM
What a great opportunity! If you sign up at the event you may be able to take your kit with you. Plus, you and your rep will be entered in a drawing for free jewelry! Make sure you go with the rep you are considering for your sponsor, if she is available.

Good luck!!!