WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

AstralJessica
10-14-2012, 11:33 AM
**This Should Be A Sticky!**

I emailed LP Customer Service on Friday, 10/12/2012 and asked them what were their reasonings behind their $50 Application Fee for just the Spirituality Section. I have included LP's response. But first, here is the Email that I wrote:

Subject: Why is there a $50 application fee for the Spirituality section?
I noticed the $50 application fee you want me to pay BEFORE I even get to fill out a profile. Why do you have that application fee just for the spirituality section and not for the other sections of your expert categories? It raises a ton of red flags and suspicions. The first rule of thumb everyone tells you is to never pay anything to work. I want to know the reasons behind your having an application fee for JUST the spirituality section. It seems unfair to single out the Spirituality section to have to pay this fee when every other category is free to join.

Also, I want to know if you are in fact, hiring experts for the Spirituality section.

The LAST thing I want to do is to fork out $50 for the application fee, only to be told "Thank You for your payment. Unfortunately we are not hiring at this time."

$50 is ALOT of money to a poor person (I am a single mother so I have to make every dollar count). I want to know FOR SURE WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that you are in fact hiring as of today.

I say "hiring" for sake of argument. I know that experts are in fact, not employees of liveperson, but instead are subcontractors/independent contractors.

On 10/14/2012, LP sent me this reply:

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for contacting us and I hope all is well.

I am pleased to inform you that the Spirituality & Religion category has now been reopened and accepting new and returning experts.

The Spirituality & Religion category has recently undergone an intense clean-up process in which all inactive accounts were removed. It came to our attention that many experts who weren't serious about working with LivePerson had created accounts and become inactive. Therefore in order to ensure that all experts signing up are indeed serious about working with LivePerson, it was decided that this category would have an application fee. We believe that experts who are serious about working with us will make this money back within the first few months, if not the first few weeks.

In addition, our Marketing department is currently spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in promoting the Spirituality & Religion category, this includes having it's own dedicated website: Kasamba - Trusted Psychics at Your Fingertips (http://www.kasamba.com).

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to reply to my email.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I hope this clears things up for everyone. It has for me.

DougC
10-14-2012, 03:43 PM
I am dumbfounded that a company would outright admit that they discriminate against psychics. No one should ever have to pay to work for a company, let alone one that DISCRIMINATES! If you are working there or are thinking about it, please think twice. Psychics are NOT second class citizens and should not be treated as such. Kasamba would be no where without the psychics. For them to turn around and pull this is beyond belief. Think about this, would you work for a company that charged African-American's a $50 fee just because of their skin color? It is the exact same thing and it is WRONG! I am outraged by this.

elana242
10-15-2012, 04:40 PM
LivePerson is right in getting rid of all the psychics who don't log in at least once a week.(just my opinion) I have only worked online for one company and I worked for them before computers, but I know that out of the 600 listed only 300 logged in more than every two weeks. I know that because when I work for them now dispatch calls me, not the computer and I still have 5 regulars. I was thinking of going online and listing with someone, however, a simple ad in the newspaper has gotten me as much as I can handle. I do the telephone, but all in the same area of the country.

cristina
10-16-2012, 06:03 AM
LivePerson is right in getting rid of all the psychics who don't log in at least once a week.(just my opinion) I have only worked online for one company and I worked for them before computers, but I know that out of the 600 listed only 300 logged in more than every two weeks. I know that because when I work for them now dispatch calls me, not the computer and I still have 5 regulars. I was thinking of going online and listing with someone, however, a simple ad in the newspaper has gotten me as much as I can handle. I do the telephone, but all in the same area of the country.

It's pretty smart of you to do phone readings and just use a classfied ad. It's a great way to be independent and not have to pay any "fees" to anyone.
I noticed when I was doing face-to-face readings that my local clients increased. It's much wiser to do it on the phone as too many people can find out where you LIVE!

shannynl
10-24-2012, 11:25 PM

Just wondering of you used a local paper? What kind of newspaper did you advertise in? I haven't had a ton of luck with ads.

Thanks!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1