WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I'm a new consultant!!

Leighann Yeager Platt
10-04-2012, 06:27 AM
YAY!!! Can't wait to get my kit in the mail.
Anyway...I have been promoting it to so many people, but I feel like I am too pushy. No one seems interested, or they say they already have a ton of scentsy stuff. So I reply with, okay well if you need Refill Bars, let me know. I just feel like people are getting annoyed with me :( .
I asked if anyone wanted to book a party to get a chance to see the products first hand, or book an online party to earn free products. And nothing. :(

Any other tips?

Amber Rose
10-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Trust me girl, it gets a whole lot easier :) It's just new right now - but if you keep sharing information, and photos of your favorite products, it will catch attention :) Sharing our own personal connection to Scentsy and why we chose to be a consultant is HUGE :)

mommy2005
10-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Congratulations! You are going to love Scentsy! I suggest starting a facebook business page and inviting everyone you know to check it out. Also, keep catalogs in your purse and samples with your business card attached. You can talk to people you come across everyday like bankers, teachers, waitresses and cashiers.

With hard work and dedication, your business will grow. Good luck!

kainsley\
10-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Don't try too hard. Don't try to "sell" it to people. Just talk passionately about your new business and how much fun it is and people will come to you. Best of luck to you!

LAscents
10-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Nothing sells itself, but Scentsy is an *easy* sell. Actually you don't need to sell it - you just need to introduce it. Many will say no - that's the nature of the sales industry, but likewise many will say Yes too, your job is to find the yeses. Also when you say you are 'asking people' - make sure that you're actually talking with people with your mouth, and not just posting things online or on FB. And you're not asking anyone to do you a favor, you're asking them to consider something you're offering that will enhance their life in some way. Posting, email, text, etc. will HELP spread the word, but that cannot be your bread and butter. Using those platforms will only help enhance all the other things you have in place. Direct sales is about being direct, building relationships and sharing face to face, ear to ear and nose to nose. You won't have tons of results if you rely strictly on posts because Scentsy needs to be experienced with many of the senses.

As you are starting out you will do well to build a solid foundation by immersing yourself in the training center and resource tab of your workstation.

tabitha4
10-05-2012, 02:28 PM
YAY!!! Can't wait to get my kit in the mail.
Anyway...I have been promoting it to so many people, but I feel like I am too pushy. No one seems interested, or they say they already have a ton of scentsy stuff. So I reply with, okay well if you need Refill Bars, let me know. I just feel like people are getting annoyed with me :( .
I asked if anyone wanted to book a party to get a chance to see the products first hand, or book an online party to earn free products. And nothing. :(

Any other tips?

Yay..You will love it! I felt the same way. I created a facebook event and invited everyone. The people who I was not even going to invite were the ones who ordered from me. Just keep doing it!

MeltMyScent
10-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Welcome to Scentsy!

Try not to push but just continue to share Scentsy with everyone. I noticed the more I talked about it and how much I loved it (while not actually trying to make a sale) the more interest my friends and family showed. Once they show interest maybe start talking about basket parties and what an easy way it is to earn free and half priced items without as much time an effort as a party is. I market mostly online so that is where I get a good portion of my sales, but I do local basket parties as well and have had success with that.

Once you get your kit it will be easier to get people excited about Scentsy as they will actually be able to smell the amazing scents!

Also make sure anytime someone comes over to your house you have Scentsy going strong! I always get compliments on how good my house smells and that opens up an opportunity for me to sell! I can't tell you the number of times people have come over to my house for something non Scentsy related and we still end up at the kitchen table smelling testers!

Just keep at it and don't give up!

DebbieParkin
11-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Have you spent some time on the Scentsy Forum. There is a lot of good information and tips on how to get your business going. It's always hard to get things going, but once you do its so worth it! I just made Director in October in just a little over 1 year. So it is still possible.

TSmom
11-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Congrats on starting a new business!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1