WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

cabimom
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Willow House announced today that they are going to be dropping their home decor division toward the latter part of 2013. I am just shocked about this as none of us heard a peep about it until today. I am so bummed out, I just joined last month. They will continue their Sara Blaine Jewelry division. So does this mean another company name change? I am sick over this. :(

Mrs. Green Jeans
10-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Their home decor line is beautiful- I have a ton of Willow House. If you do enjoy a home decor business, Biltmore Inspirations seems fairly similar and is ground floor. Perhaps worth investigating. So sorry this has happened! Will they refund your consultant kit cost?

cabimom
10-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I am not concerned with getting a refund on my kit-there is always eBay for the jewelry I got in my kit and it's funny you mentioned Biltmore because I almost joined them before joining Willow House. Wish I would have thought about that a little more before signing on the dotted line. I am just so discouraged right now. I feel so sorry for the At Home America consultants who were "lured" into WH with a special deal and then just days later Bill Shaw pulls the rug out from under them. It is horrible.

nv93446
10-02-2012, 09:05 AM
I am sorry to hear, Cabimom :(. Especially after what happened with AtHome America closing. Do you think the home decor is facing stiffed competition from the internet stores and retail in general i.e. stores like Hobby Lobby which is really affordable? I have a friend who signed up with Jillian Chase as a founder and just dropped it because she couldn't get it going. It sounds like there's still the jewelry line?

cabimom
10-02-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't know what happened with At Home America, I liked their products. I don't believe that home decor in direct selling is dead. There has always been competition from retail stores. It's all about the party and how you present it. With WH there is more to the story IMO.

udesignit
10-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I am really shocked about this decision, especially since the roots of the company was based on home decor. I am sorry to hear this!

EstherL
10-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about this. Very unfortunate for any of the consultants who are involved. I wish you the best in trying to decide what to do from here. Personally I moved out of the party plan field about 6 years ago when I felt it was not workable for me anymore. But I know some people really love it. A company with integrity and a solid financial situation would be at the top of my list if I were looking to make a change.

HomeDecorDiva
10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I feel for you, and for the many others that I have personally heard about that were also blind sided. I left WH over a year ago, after only a few months with the company, because I had a sense that something wasn't quite right. I made the choice to join Biltmore Inspirations and am so glad I did. Our experience does not support Bill's statement that home decor cannot and won't thrive in the direct sales industry.... we most definitely are doing well. In fact, a DSA representative attended our convention this past summer and shared that amongst all new direct sales start-up companies that have launched during the past ten years, Biltmore Inspirations is among the top 5% percent based on their performance during their inaugural year. While product is an important factor in success, leadership is key! BI's leadership is top notch! I hope you'll give BI a second look!

I am not concerned with getting a refund on my kit-there is always eBay for the jewelry I got in my kit and it's funny you mentioned Biltmore because I almost joined them before joining Willow House. Wish I would have thought about that a little more before signing on the dotted line. I am just so discouraged right now. I feel so sorry for the At Home America consultants who were "lured" into WH with a special deal and then just days later Bill Shaw pulls the rug out from under them. It is horrible.

cabimom
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I agree, I don't buy Bill Shaw's ideas either. I have been in contact with a leader from Biltmore, she and I have spoken several times. She told me today that she and others caught wind that this was going to happen over a week ago. How sad that they knew before we did. Thanks for coming on the forum and telling us more about Biltmore. I think that Biltmore Inspirations is going to have strong presence here in future!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1