WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

AstralJessica
09-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I have looked at how many people are currently working on LivePerson in the Spirituality section and I must say there are hundreds if not thousands of Psychic Profiles of people who are all online at the same time!

My question to you is HOW can you expect to make ANY MONEY with so many people to compete against, especially if you're starting out?!?!?!

Also, besides the obvious $50 application fee, what other fees are involved? (I heard they take 50% of your earnings in addition to a 17 cents per minute connection fee?!?!?!)

How busy are you? (does your phone ring back to back or is it slower than molasses?)

Thanks!

Springing
09-28-2012, 06:14 AM
I've been there 4 years and I've never seen more then 100 online at the same time. I am not saying you did not see what you saw but if thats true then I should be pretty proud of my placement. :)

I would not advise anyone to start LP right now. We are slow and most of us are relying on regular customers to get by during the slow periods.

Yes, we pay fees to work the platform, almost 50% and 17 cents connection. Do any of us like this, of course not. In my case I cannot make the living I make at LP anywhere else. I've tried. I've been there 4 years working 12 hour days. I make an excellent living, one that I think most of us would be happy with.

When I take notion to take a week off I do and its waiting for me when I get back. I dont like being slow, dont like their way of advertising but all in all I am happy with LivePerson, the alternatives for me are just not there.

Just like anywhere else, you have to commit to building your business. No company is going to help you do that, its all about them and you have to be all about you and your standards. It's yours, own it.

I got curious and wow I stand totally corrected there are several hundred online right now! One thing I know, its the end of the month so we are all trying to earn all we can now but still, I am surprised. :)

cristina
09-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I work at LP too and make a good living, but yes slow, and yes they take too much money...but at least I'm paying the bills there. Best site I ever worked with regarding money and volume...there are slow days yes, and it's not the gravy train it used to be, but still working for me :)

livepersonaffiliates
10-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi, my name is Brian, I represent the affiliate program for Live Person's Expert platform. It's one of many channels we manage to drive new clients daily to the site. We have over 10,000 registered affiliates (website owners, bloggers, marketers) promoting Live Expert help to their visitors to earn a commission for new referrals. To be clear, the Spirituality & Religion category takes 42% of expert earnings (+ 17 cents); in addition to the client marketing, we have a full team dedicated to billing, fraud and customer support.

The marketplace traffic is increasing, clients are still spending, people are still earning top dollar, but as you all pointed out we do have more and more experts joining daily. Don't let that scare you away. It may appear saturated, but there will always be opportunity to find new clients as we continue to grow and add new features! As a new expert in a pool of other experts there's many ways to stand out. It's important to create an in-depth profile, upload a quality mugshot and I'd even recommend keeping your rates low to create trial. We offer internal advertising to experts, marketing materials such as expert badges for your sites, a forum to learn from others and even a Friendly (shortened) URL program that allows you to promote yourself anywhere, in a number of ways (such as your Forum signatures, hint hint). A strong incentive behind the Friendly URL is that you’ll pay zero commission on all live chat sessions and only nine (9) percent commission on all e-mail sessions with customers who come in via your personal link!

Good luck!

I've been there 4 years and I've never seen more then 100 online at the same time. I am not saying you did not see what you saw but if thats true then I should be pretty proud of my placement. :)

I would not advise anyone to start LP right now. We are slow and most of us are relying on regular customers to get by during the slow periods.

Yes, we pay fees to work the platform, almost 50% and 17 cents connection. Do any of us like this, of course not. In my case I cannot make the living I make at LP anywhere else. I've tried. I've been there 4 years working 12 hour days. I make an excellent living, one that I think most of us would be happy with.

When I take notion to take a week off I do and its waiting for me when I get back. I dont like being slow, dont like their way of advertising but all in all I am happy with LivePerson, the alternatives for me are just not there.

Just like anywhere else, you have to commit to building your business. No company is going to help you do that, its all about them and you have to be all about you and your standards. It's yours, own it.

I got curious and wow I stand totally corrected there are several hundred online right now! One thing I know, its the end of the month so we are all trying to earn all we can now but still, I am surprised. :)

Springing
10-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey Brian thanks for coming here and sharing that information with us, very cool.

elana242
10-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Brian, is the commission structure the same for life coaches and other areas, or does it vary based on category?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1