WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Tummy Issues

healthysolutions
09-20-2012, 07:39 AM
My stomach is the only thing I would like to lose but that is the harderst thing. I keep saying I'm going to change somethings but don't stick to it. I will be honest I think if I could afford a tummy tuck I will do it.

CrystalMK
09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
I know exactly how you feel! I think that is a problem for a lot of people.

Lesley Ann
09-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Try removing wheat from your diet. Read "Wheat Belly"

healthysolutions
09-20-2012, 12:04 PM
So very true and I have a sweet tooth. Very Bad....

Shanna Hall
09-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Try removing wheat from your diet. Read "Wheat Belly"

I need to get that! Thanks for the reminder.

fullofhope
09-23-2012, 08:36 PM
I have what ppl call a ''muffin top'' absolutely hate it!!!!!! My little one gave it to me lol. Even when I get down to my goal weight it's still there. I can't stand it. I've changed so many things around lately that I figure tomorrow I am going to start my exercise program and STICK WITH IT this time! I wanna be able to enjoy my family pictures this year lol.

Supermomlb
09-28-2012, 11:37 AM
What helped me lose a lot of belly fat is not eating white bread, white sugar, white pasta and having a diet of fruits, veggies, healthy fats and whole grains.

Also to tone it you must do cardio and ab exercises. It is possible and you don't have to have the perfect diet but you must cut out the problem foods like white bread, white rice,white pasta, and sugar.

momsbusy247
11-05-2012, 01:47 AM
What helped me lose a lot of belly fat is not eating white bread, white sugar, white pasta and having a diet of fruits, veggies, healthy fats and whole grains.

Also to tone it you must do cardio and ab exercises. It is possible and you don't have to have the perfect diet but you must cut out the problem foods like white bread, white rice,white pasta, and sugar.

This is quite right. It's hard to cut back on the delicious stuff but that is always a good start. :)

Xelin
12-18-2012, 12:22 AM
I can totally relate to this. Mix diet with work out. Abdominal exercises, that is. Keep it in regular. That is the hardest part.

Amy Jacobs
12-18-2012, 09:38 AM
My stomach is the only thing I would like to lose but that is the harderst thing. I keep saying I'm going to change somethings but don't stick to it. I will be honest I think if I could afford a tummy tuck I will do it.

Try p90x ab ripper its pretty short (15 min) it burns LOL..

lisabathome
12-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Have you tried Pilates? Great for firmimg the tummy.

rhpearson1
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
This is my year to tackle the tummy as well. Of course I have to lose weight all over, but I know part of what makes my tummy look so terrible is lack of muscle definition. I'm going to add some exercise to a serious new eating plan and hopefully I'll do some serious damage to the pouch.

lesliek
12-27-2012, 07:25 PM
If everything else is OKAY and you've had babies chances are it could be Diastasis Recti. Completely normal & common for women who have had children. The abdominal wall basically splits to accomodate babies and then those deep ab muscles (the transverse) stretch out and you have to work to get them back together, but it is totally possible. Google MuTu or Tupler. Msg me if you have more Q's, it's something I've worked to correct this past year. :D

Dugsmom
01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
What Supermomlb said! Also, do what I do and do crunches and planking when you're watching TV. I started off doing them during the commercials but now do it while I'm watching TV.

As for Gethappy, I have the same problem. I blame my mom...I inherited that. I've gotten past that by rewarding myself a protein shake after I work out. I didn't feel like going to the gym this morning but I really wanted my protein shake (strawberry) and I've trained myself to only drink that if I workout so off I went. I worked my butt off and was able to enjoy my treat knowing that I earn every little bit! Not only does it satisfy my sweet tooth (and motivates me to workout because I want it so badly) it also provides the protein my body(and muscles that I am building) so desperately needs. Also, If I feel like eating something sugary or any type of junk food(other than a shake...that's rare nowadays but it does happen), then I have to workout for at least 30 minutes. If I don't work out, I don't snack on junk food. :) Most times, I don't feel like working out for a second time that day so I skip the snack. Works like a charm every time! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1