WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Lifereader.com? new site?

cristina
09-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Anyone know about this site?

https://www.lifereader.com/

What are the commissions like? they look pretty good.

SydneyS
09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Hmmm I don't know anything about them but I get a good feeling from the site for some reason. I wonder about the volume.

femaleunicorn2002
09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I am going to sign up today, It can not hurt to have another egg basket.

DougC
09-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Beware, they only pay once a month, have a minimum payout of $200 NZ (New Zealand) and hold back one month. This is taken from their terms and conditions for readers. Unfortunately that's where the transparency ends. They do not tell you how much a minute you'll make from the rates they are charging consumers. One can only assume it's another 30 or 40 cents a minute operation. As it is a foreign company, just don't let this be your sole source of income.

OOnaOwl
09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
LifeReader is great to work for. They do take a fair amount-60% of your earnings-but most readers charge at least 3.99 per minute. I have been there since July & just received my first payout. I have been doing well there each month signing on very part time.

DougC
09-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Taking 60% of the psychics pay is outrageous! I know first hand what the operating costs of a large psychic site are and they do NOT warrant taking 60%. For the life of me I can not understand how the owners of these companies paying pennies on the dollar to psychics can sleep at night. They surely do NOT have a conscience. Greed sure is an ugly thing. To those psychics working lines making 30-40 cents a minute, to those getting 60% of your pay taken, I truly feel for you, it's NOT right.

Flower25
09-08-2012, 12:36 AM
I see that you can choose different pricing tiers. So even if I would choose to charge only USD3.99 per min, I would still make 95.76 USD. per hour, based on 40% pay out. I think that is a pretty awesome hourly rate. Which company nowadays would pay you like 100.00 USD per hour unless you are a lawyer ?

I like the professional look of Lifereader, and from what I have heard they treat you much better then any other Sites.

We should also not forget that those Sites provide customers to us without that we have to do any marketing. If those Sites would not exist then we would be all struggling.

elana242
09-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Taking 60 percent is OK with me. I tried my own thing online and when I was on the first page of Google it was costing me 80 percent for marketing, advertising, 800 number, etc. Actually, when I was doing magazine ads, etc., before computers, it was only costing me 50 percent; therefore I will list where they take 60 percent any day.

Reiki_Light
09-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Edited to say--I haven't been to the wahm site very much recently, but I did want to update this post, because since this post I have been contacted by them. (Actually it's been awhile ago, as I am already offering readings there, and I think it's going to turn into one of my favorite sites to read at.)
I'm pleased to say that I'm impressed with how everything is going. They've gone out of their way to make sure I don't have any unanswered questions, and considering I have just starting offering readings there recently, I'm pretty pleased with the volume of calls coming in, too. (Actually I'm getting more calls on lifereader than on some of the other sites that will remain nameless ;-)
Anyways---just wanted to update this so that nobody had the wrong impression, they seem like a nice group. :)

cristina
09-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Is anyone else hearing/not hearing from this website? I've applied a couple of times, and basically their app says if they are interested you, will hear from them. I'm surprised I didn't get any response at all, because-not to toot my own horn, but I have many years of experience doing readings, energy work,and have a variety of skills to bring into readings. It may just be the universe's way of saying to me "move along" but, oh well....

If they haven't responded right away, then this company is unprofessional...all the way...
I won't go any further with them.

BTW, nice to see you Doug, hope you are well... :)

bluestar131
10-01-2012, 06:37 AM
I too have had the same issue--applied didn't hear anything for almost 3 weeks. I then sent an email asking about my status and have yet to receive an answer. I tried today to take down my information from the sitebut couldn't find any information on how to do so. I erased what I could but my qualifications and experience could not be erased. I tried to do a chat--which the site said was open and available but when I signed onto chat I got a message that no one was available. Very unprofessional indeed. You live and learn.

Is anyone else hearing/not hearing from this website? I've applied a couple of times, and basically their app says if they are interested you, will hear from them. I'm surprised I didn't get any response at all, because-not to toot my own horn, but I have many years of experience doing readings, energy work,and have a variety of skills to bring into readings. It may just be the universe's way of saying to me "move along" but, oh well....

Reiki_Light
11-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I am bumping this because I edited my post up above-happy to say, good news!

SydneyS
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Congrats! And have a happy holiday.

Daisynicols
11-22-2012, 01:19 AM
No idea...regarding this.....

pdblizzard
08-14-2015, 07:16 PM
I am sorry to say I worked for this company for over a year. I was one of their first readers when they first opened up. After over a year, I noticed they started to charge me back every month for at least one long reading, saying it was "disputed by the cardholder". They always listed who the chargeback was from.

I have worked for another directory since 2011, and in that time, I have had one chargeback, due to credit card fraud.

I politely told them they weren't fighting the chargebacks hard enough, since comparatively, I had only 1 in 4 years on the other system. They responded politely and said they could not fight a customer who claimed they didn't get the service they requested. They said that most of the chargebacks were from US customers. (The other system I worked on was US only.)

But then one of the customers who filed a chargeback, actually called me for another reading. I told her I was surprised, because she had filed a chargeback and that I was very sorry she wasn't happy with the prior reading I had given.

She was totally taken aback. She swore up and down she had not filed a chargeback, and that she was very happy with my reading, and that's why she was calling back again. She told me that she had never filed a chargeback, against anyone in her entire life.

So then I knew what my gut told me - someone - was playing with the bookkeeping, and I was the one paying for it. I quit working for them after that call.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1