WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Why did you join Silpada?

Gabbymisc
08-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm on the fence...How is it working out for you?

liz.jewels
08-17-2012, 07:33 AM
I joined Silpada in may of 2010 and love it!

I am the kind of person who loves home parties and had hosted a ton. Reps always told me how great I'd be, but I just didn't want to be that pushy salesperson with the boring demonstration that everyone is dying to have her stop so they can talk!

I was on a business trip for my day job and came across a vendor selling Silpada. I fell in love with the jewelry! She gave me a catalog, and when I looked through it I was more in love with every page. I decided I needed to host a party to get some free.

Then I found the pages about being a rep. At that time, the catalog mentioned that our parties were fun with no formal presentation. I started to think - maybe I should be a rep! So I invested some money to start up and get lots of jewelry for my display, thinking - worst case I got gorgeous jewelry that I love at a discount! But I had a great fast start, paying back my initial cost of investment plus earning free jewelry. So I thought, "why stop now?"

I love the parties, the friendships, the fact that the jewelry is high quality and not plated, like other jewelry companies. I love the lifetime guarantee and the free training! I also love that we have no minimums, because I still have that day job, and Silpada works just fine around it.

What are your hesitations? Are there questions we can answer for you?

jacq1292
10-30-2012, 08:43 AM
What a wonderful story of getting started! I saw a book for a party someone was doing for another company and I was shocked at the prices for plated items. Sounds like this is a really good company. I'm doing my own thing and may one day venture into parties (I'm really shy) so right now I'm just on eBay. I do offer plated as well as .925 sterling silver, but my prices are generally very low (I even do .01 to .99 specials). Best wishes for your continued success.:)

pyoung31
10-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi Ladies...I will be joining silpada this Thursday ..November 1st...I was thinking of joining and then I went to an Silpada event this past Saturday.. And fell in love with all of it...it's like having a family..the ladies are fabulous...the jewelry is beautiful and well worth it..some pieces are expensive...I am a believer in you get what you pay for..I like the incentives Silpada has...all the help from the company and any of the consultants are there to help you succeed...you can't ask for a better company to represent..can't wait for Thursday so I can get started...

liz.jewels
10-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Yay! I'm so excited for you!

Welcome to the Silpada sisterhood! Make sure you book 4 parties in your first month so you will sell $3000 and lock in that $1000 in bonus free jewelry.

Please let me know if you need any ideas or assistance with anything. Congratulations on your new business!

pyoung31
10-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi Liz....thank you for the encouragement..I am very excited to be joining a wonderful company..this is what I mean..people you've never met, step out and offer their help...I have noticed not to many Silpada consultants post on this site...I might just take you up on your offer...just getting started I could use a lot of advise..

liz.jewels
10-31-2012, 09:59 AM
One of the reps who frequents this board just lost a close family member, and I think that's why we haven't seen much of her lately. Plus, there is a large contingent of us on facebook. Still, I like to hang out here, because I think it's easier to get to know people on WAHM, and I like to see what is going on more broadly in the direct sales business.

Ask away!

beaumason
11-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I had been a customer of Silpada since 2004. Still have all my catalogs from 04 to present. I never joined, just bought! Then this last summer, the gal I usually had parties with stepped down because of personal problems and referred me to another rep. Her & I just clicked and I signed up this summer! Weird how that happened, never before did I really think about joining, but once her & I talked it was like, why the heck not, I wear & buy the jewelry why not share it with others.

I fell in love with Silpada from the first time I saw the catalog. I loved being a customer, and love being a representative even more. The sisterhood of the reps is wonderful. I have a fabulous upline that is always rooting for me.

And, in the 8+ years I have been buying Silpada, I have only had to send 1 piece back and that was because the clasp broke. I will always love my Silpada!

liz.jewels
11-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Beaumason, welcome to the Silpada sisterhood! So glad to have you!

Your story is a great reminder of how we should ALWAYS present the business opportunity to our hostesses, even if they are repeat hostesses. You never know when she might decide it's the right time for her!