WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

VCat84
08-09-2012, 10:58 PM
I have finally started using eBay after using a few other sites for a bit. I used to sell once in a blue moon, but now I sell items regularly. I really like eBay and have started making sales quickly due to their large audience.

The problem is since I am new, I am only allowed 10 items or up to $500 a month. I sell clothes both used and new. Only having the ability to display 10 items stinks when your items are typically priced anywhere from $7 to $40. It is not like I am selling expensive electronics or something.

Plus when I sell an item, it's not like the spot opens back up. If I sell 4 items the first week of the month, I only have 6 slots left the rest of the month.

Any tips on getting them to raise my selling limit faster?? Even if they would let me have 25 items i would be a happy newbie. 10 is just so low.

I always ship in 24 hrs, always use tracking, always am honest about items especially the condition of used items. I have all positive feedback, but not every person leaves feedback so my feedback is not growing as quick as i would like.

Any help would be appreciated. I would so like to use ebay more and some of the other sites less, but I can't do that with a tiny limit. Thanks so much.

MastiffLady
08-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Have you tried requesting a higher limit? The next step up just asks to verify personal information. The link is located under your current Seller Limits.

MsKarla
08-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Your going to get about 50% feedback from your sales. You could try contacting
your customer by saying something like, I've already left you a nice positive feedback. Please do the same at your convenience.

After your 30 days of limitation. You should automatically get bumped up to 100
If not you can contact ebay requesting a raise.

And there is the strategy that after an auction ends and does not sell, it can be re-listed.
Same for a buy it now listing. As long as it is set up as a re-list.

ybnegood
08-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Try including a card in the package thanking them for their purchase
and reminding them that Positive Feedback is Requested

Somethiing like"I have left positive Feedback for you" Can you please leave positive Feedback for me?

Feedback let's Ebay know that you are taking care of your customers
Sellers that don't get feedback take longer to build their business.

I got so much positive feedback on one popular item that it consistently ranks
as the first or second item shown in the category, so I attract more attention to my items

martin

nbfbaw
08-23-2012, 07:11 AM
My husband had this problem as well. After a couple of months he clicked on the request higher selling limits and just verified personal info. They bumped it up to listing a 100 items. I would try that.

Lynn Dylan
08-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I never even realized there was a limit. I may be getting back into this soon with my step-daughter, so this is something to think about. I have had an acct in the past, so hopefully I can just fire it up and not have a problem with limits. May soon find out! :o

Lynn Dylan

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1