WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Tell me about your booth sales

suse
07-31-2012, 04:26 AM
Does anyone do booth sales? I've been thinking about it for a long time. Being unprepared is a fear I have :eek:, so I haven't started up yet. If you do booth sales, can you answer a few questions about your experience and/or successes?

How much product do you bring?
Do you mostly collect orders or do you sell more product outright?
Do you make gift packages (like for the holidays coming up) or jusy stick to the line?
Do you have one of the Watkins promotional banners or make your own?
Do get a lot of repeat customers from the booth?
Do you find credit card acceptance necessary (like the square or something similar) have you had any problems with taking checks?

Thanks much!:)

1868Naturals
08-01-2012, 01:26 AM
I've done booths before, but not for Watkins. I had a banner and a good mix of top selling products. Make sure to have brochures on hand and materials about the business. I also had a lead capture box, were if you signed up with your email address or other form of contact I put them in a free drawing to win a valuable product. I would get a lot of retail leads that way. I found that you need to plan what it is you want to do at these type of event. Sell, Recruit , both or just get the word out that you are here and these are your products.. I used propay for credit cards. I hope this helps a little.

1868Naturals
08-01-2012, 01:29 AM
I forgot to add that if it is around a holiday always make some type of holiday arrangement's,those can become big sellers as gifts. Hand out coupons for future purchases as well.

bianca5454
08-01-2012, 09:21 AM
How much product do you bring?
Go with the top 40 list (it's on the Summit group site) - compare it to YOUR favorite products. This way, what doesn't sell, you yourself will use. As a rule of thumb; 2-3 of each favorite item, no more than 20 different items. Depending on the time of year (Holiday season); have about 8 bottles of DS Vanilla. You can always take orders if you run out.
Do you mostly collect orders or do you sell more product outright?
I prefer cash and carry - but will take orders as well.
Do you make gift packages (like for the holidays coming up) or jusy stick to the line?
I have, but it really hasn't panned out for me (but that can just be me)
Do you have one of the Watkins promotional banners or make your own?
Some sort of sign is VERY helpful. You can even cut out one side of a shipping box if you don't have the room for a full banner. Then prop it somewhere on your table.
Do get a lot of repeat customers from the booth?
Yes, yes, yes. I have found that the second year at the same event is more profitable. They come back looking for you because many times folks that shop these events do not know what to expect and just browse.
Do you find credit card acceptance necessary (like the square or something similar) have you had any problems with taking checks?
In all the events I have done, I only had one person complain that I did not accept credit cards. I take my chance with the checks and have never had a problem (all cleared) - be sure to get their phone number and their address somewhere on the check.

HTH~ :) I've had a lot of fun with these type of events.

PS: One last thing. Have a sign up sheet available for people with options for; business info, catalog request, hosting parties, etc. This method offers more return than just handing out catalogs. The booth should be for sales and chatting. When you had out catalogs, folks tend to walk away with the info and not show as much interest in what you have available on your table.

suse
08-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Thanks Bianca and 1868Naturals! I appreciate the information, especially on quantities and products, as well as the advice on gathering names for catalog requests and other interests. Very helpful!

1868Naturals
08-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Those are some great tips.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1