WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

musicgirll
07-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any experience with this company or know someone that does ?

The company is called Agora Evolution. They are looking for ESL tutors. The website doesn't have much. The address is: Agora - Home (http://www.agoraevo.com)

If anyone knows anything, please share what you know! I'm a little skeptical when there is so little info.

Thanks!

djunamod
07-30-2012, 07:36 AM
I checked out what little they have on their website and one of the hiring requirements is this:

"Ivy League or graduate of 10 top universities in the US,
OR Industry expert in medical, legal, marketing, or technology."

That seems pretty far-fetched (not to mention extremely obstinate - are they aware that the majority of graduates and/or industry experts do not come from an Ivy League school or a top 10 university?) I highly doubt that people who graduate from an Ivy League school or top 10 university or industry experts are going to be looking for a job like they are offering. Those kinds of people can snag top positions at universities and companies much ore than us regular Joe/Jane Schmo's can. But apparently, us regular John/Jane Schmos aren't enough for these guys.

If they're looking for that kind of employee, my guess is that their client base is going to be rich, spoiled, and demanding. I would rather stick with the more humble clientele that other online ESL companies cater to who really want to learn English and are working hard to do it.

Also, if there is absolutely no information on them (not even a physical address) on their website, I would pass.

Djuna

musicgirll
07-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I saw that info. as well, on their website. Yet they don't mention the Ivy League school requirement on their craigslist ad. I think I smell a rat! I was thinking the same thing- to just stay away. It is always nice to check here though to see what others' experiences are, if any.

Thanks!

calvindiaz214
10-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I checked the site in Alexa and the site was registered last year. Not found any reviews for the site that teaches online. Pages are not working. It's in under construction. It would be nicer to see site established and we all could have all been an online tutors by right now.