WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : K12, Inc

mlbchic16
07-21-2012, 04:28 PM
I've found some very old threads about this company, but I was wondering if anyone currently works for them. I know its an employee position for certified educators...not tutoring. I've been through an email interview and a phone interview. I was told that it would be August before jobs were offered to interviewees.

I have viewed the webinar that was sent to me. I was also told that it would be a part-time position (20 hours), and it may take up to a year to become full-time (40-50 hours).

Anyone work for K12 recently? How long did it take to become full-time? Any info is greatly appreciated...I'd love to work for them!

dawnlvn4jc
07-21-2012, 09:31 PM
I would like to know the same. I live in Mn and it is a MN company! They currently do not have opening for my certification! UGH!!

freelancewriter
07-21-2012, 10:29 PM
I interviewed with them two years ago by phone, and I sent a couple of follow-up messages afterwards. I was told (via e-mail) that they would have an answer shortly as to whether I had been hired or not. They never responded with an answer, which put me in an awkward position with my teaching job at the time. I figured that they receive hundreds of applicants, and these days with the teacher lay-offs, I won't even bother to try. I'm sure that each state is different, though. I am certified in a "critical-need" area, but I don't think that matters much. Most people would love to teach online.

mlbchic16
07-22-2012, 06:47 AM
I interviewed with them two years ago by phone, and I sent a couple of follow-up messages afterwards. I was told (via e-mail) that they would have an answer shortly as to whether I had been hired or not. They never responded with an answer, which put me in an awkward position with my teaching job at the time. I figured that they receive hundreds of applicants, and these days with the teacher lay-offs, I won't even bother to try. I'm sure that each state is different, though. I am certified in a "critical-need" area, but I don't think that matters much. Most people would love to teach online.

So if I'm offered a position, rather it be part- or full-time, I should accept it, right? The not knowing is putting me in an awkward position, like you were, with my current position. Thats why I need to hear from K12 sooner rather than later.

They posted several positions in my state, which is why I applied. I'm hoping that means they are expanding! Crossing my fingers and toes!

freelancewriter
07-22-2012, 10:28 AM
I know that if I had been offered a position, I would have accepted it. Everything was going so well. They were even talking to me about attending a training session.They just never gave me a response one way or the other. I think that they offer a great opportunity for teachers, but I highly recommend having a serious back-up plan just in case.

eduk8
09-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Do they really have the job open or are they just posting things???? I have over ten years of Virtual experience and twenty-two years teaching experience and I have NEVER even received a call back, much less an automated response. I even have experience developing an online school...........It amazes me that they will post an opening, I apply, happen to receive a response the job is filled, and then see the job still posted. Don't get it!!!!!! Remove OLD postings PLEASE~~ I don't know if it is the state that I live in (we have very few opportunities) or WHAT?

I wouldnt hold my breath on them at all. I read a couple of other posts that said they hired "friends of friends" whether qualified or not and that the turn over rate is very high. Employees didnt have very positive things to say about rate of pay, treatment of people, management, etc. I have actually been over qualified for every job that I have applied for, over twenty at this point.

I'd like to know if others have experienced this with them. It is a shame that they have the monopoly on the Online market!!!!!! Hope their treatment of students is better than what they treat perspective employees