WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Comparison?

jlbear21
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Ok so a while back, a friend sent me a bunch of samples because I've been dying to "sniff out Scentsy" and ditch all my flame candles. They were stored in my hallway closet and made it smell SOOOO good, while I looked at the catalog for the warmer I want.

Meanwhile, I told my mom about them and why I want to switch - regular candles suck because they burn up quick and with a little one running around, way too risky. For mother's day, she sent me a flame activated warmer, a bunch of votives, and several packs of Scentsationals brand wax melts.

Problem #1: I go through at least 1 votive a day and usually have to put it inside a different candle just for the flame to melt the wax.

Problem #2: I'm finding lately that with certain scents, once the wax solidifies, it doesn't melt through very easily afterward, I often have to go in with a toothpick and flip it over to expose the melted wax and "stir the scent around"

Problem #3: I get headaches after the scent has filled my apartment. The warmer sits on the stove and since it's been so stinkin' hot, we've had the AC and fans going which is the only reason the scent is actually being circulated...

So... I did some research and found a pretty mixed response.... some like the Walmart brand better because it's cheap and the scent is stronger, some say the same about Scentsy. I also saw some saying Walmart's electric burners are dangerous. I plan on having probably 2 - one in kitchen, one in bedroom.

Being a dedicated Network Marketer myself, I would rather put my money towards helping another Direct Sales/WAHM... so I would like to know if Scentsy is truly worth it.. I've heard the bricks last for quite a while....

Please share your experiences.

Christine-LDN wickless
07-11-2012, 01:29 PM
You could always try a plug in or a travel tin or something smaller first to try things out before you invest in a Scentsy warmer.

x

kainsley\
07-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I have yet to find anyone that likes the WalMart brand better than Scentsy. I have complete strangers come up to me & admit they've tried it & there's no comparison.

christyvw2004
07-13-2012, 02:21 AM
I have had a few customers tell me they tried the Walmart brand...and were so sorry they wasted the $2. And need to get another 6-pack. I am in MN and maybe could see if I could meet up...or not--it is a big state :) I think once you try out Scentsy you will find out your hooked.

kjm
07-13-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm not a Scensty rep... but I am a Scentsy addict! HA Okay, not that bad.. but I do have it on every day and LOVE It!

I have tried the Walmart ones.. .I never bought them but last Christmas family bought the Walmart brand wax bars for me... I didn't like them as much as Scentsy. I've only ever tried Scentsy and the Walmart brand when it comes to "wax bars"... I used to use Yankee Candle, too and I do love their tarts... but I love the scents that Scentsy provides as well... I'm not sure if Yankee Candle works w/ a Scentsy warmer... never tried it and don't plan to, though. lol

I provide childcare in my home and I used to be obsessed w/ candles... but ever since I started providing care I stopped using candles. I love that the Scentsy isn't hot enough to burn as the children do get curious at the "pretty light and yummy smells" so they do get curious...

Anyway, that's my two cents... I suggest going w/ Scentsy... Specially if you go with a combine and save option it will save you money in the long run. :)

Hope this helps!

cybermommy
07-17-2012, 10:06 AM
I have tried Walmart and wasn't impressed.
I have a lot of ex Yankee candle fans who prefer Scentsy ..moreover for the no soot an no mess aspect.
I find the wax is superior with the high oil load also.

I would never go back to jars and tarts again.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1