WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Timing question

LDavenport
07-09-2012, 09:45 AM
If you were considering joining Silpada at this time would it be best to wait until after the rally to sign up when the new jewelry is out? If you sign up now you'll get the current catalogs which will be out of date in a week or so. The jewelry set to choose from may be different and possibly the invitations will be updated. Is this correct?

Thanks.
Lisa

Cheryl
07-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi Lisa ... I just rejoined July 1st. IMO, this is the BEST time. You Get the current catalogs now (50) and current supplies, get to pick out current jewelry (make sure it's caring over to new catalog), then Silpada will be sending you another pack of catalogs (no shipping cost to you), when the new ones are released, plus you will get updated supplies for just the cost of shipping ($8). You'll also be able to buy up to 2 of every piece from the new catalog. Having the current catalogs will give you the opportunity to leave them at offices, salons, ect.

liz.jewels
07-10-2012, 02:58 AM
At this point, we're so close to when the new jewelry comes out (next Friday), that I personally wouldn't wait. I love parties the last week of July - the retiring pieces create a sense of urgency plus there's excitement over the new jewelry that's just been released.

As a new rep, you get to buy at 50% off at signup, so this gives you a second chance to buy at discount shortly after you sign up. Plus, Cheryl makes a good point about how to use the obsolete catalogs. Reps put stickers on them saying, "contact me for an updated catalog" and leave them all around town for marketing purposes.

But if you are considering signing up, the best advice I can give you is to maximize your fast start by planning parties (including your own) before you submit your paperwork and get your kit. 3 average parties in your first 30 days gets you $1,000 in free jewelry. Days 31-100, it only gets you $500 in free jewelry, and after that, it's 3 in the same month for $100 in free jewelry. So you can see how it helps you build your collection to hit the ground running!