WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : online colleges

feefuss
07-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know of any online colleges that hire techers without their masters. I earned all of the credits towards a Masters in English teaching, except for presenting the thesis. Are there colleges that would accept my application as an online English teacher?

feefuss
07-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Does anyone know of any companies like Ed2Go? Also, is anyone familiar with global academy online, and if so, what has been their experience?

juliamedlton
07-07-2012, 03:22 AM
I don't know this but you can ask it from Google it gives you better result.

djunamod
07-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I've been an online English college teacher for 5 years and as far as I know, the market is pretty dry right now. I and other English teachers I know have sent out resumes to many online schools that were hiring like crazy several years ago but we have had no responses. I think it's because there are way more English instructors than are needed and enrollments for many online college have gone way down in the past years. So you can check out Monster.com, Google, and the like, but just don't expect too much.

Also, to my knowledge, nearly all online colleges require that you have a Master's degree, not that you're working towards your Master's, even if you're at the thesis stage. I know this was the case when I started when they needed teachers, so I don't think they would hire someone who does not yet have their degree when they aren't nearly as desperate for teachers.

Djuna

jovics
07-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Don't know of any online colleges that want less than a Masters. Most do. You can check community colleges. Some only want a Bachelors degree.

tutorpace
08-04-2012, 03:08 AM
If you are such confident then you need to try Online Tutor for English in online tutoring providing companies which is facilitating students' to take tutoring at their place at their convenient timing. you may get chance to earn good self updates and money.Tutorpace also provide such kind of services you may try TutorPace career section.

calvindiaz214
10-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I do not think there are online colleges that hire teachers. I saw many sites telling earn money by teaching, Ed2Go after reading about their all nice presentation that gives you better comfort and satisfaction at last they ask for money for information on online teaching sites you can work from home per hourly basis and also assure you money back guarantee. I suggest you not to go in those sites and do not believe in those sites.

freelancewriter
10-07-2012, 09:55 PM
So, Calvindiaz,

I took a few online courses in college, and I definitely had teachers and professors. Now, I teach classes online.

melymely
12-07-2012, 04:10 PM
You can try BrainMass and become a Subject Matter Expert for English & College Writing!

melymely
12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
K-12 online teachers (knowledge of Cisco WebEx program- provided lessons to teach)

ed2netlearning.com

LouC
02-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Hi,

I am new to this forum and wonder what is the best way to look for tutoring students?

It seems that googling to find online tutor agencies is the way to go?
Do you also look for students on your own (I am thinking we won't need to split the fee with the agencies and you'll get more flexibility)
Since you are already working towards your master degree I suppose you could have your own students?

rooney1101
02-04-2013, 09:03 PM
ed2netlearning.com . I like it