WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

badenglishmajor
06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
I am not a full time ebay seller, but I recently listed a few items for sale. I'm testing the waters. :) What advice do you have for a novice seller as far as getting people to actually *look* at the listing?

Hugalicious Ragdolls
06-15-2012, 07:26 AM
You need to get the right keywords in your title for starters, then once you have people clicking to have a look, your listing needs to look attractive.
Plain fonts, and clear pictures are best, and as much detail as possible.
Checkout Pulse on ebay for the most watched items in your category and get ideas from their listings (but don't copy)

cheers
Angela

theauctionmoms
06-21-2012, 06:02 AM
I agree with the keyword post above. I always use all of the space in the title with words related to the item for sale.

Example: Instead of writing "Carter's Pink 18 month outfit" for my item title, I would write, "Carter's Pink Green Blue infant toddler baby 18 month girls flower outfit". Try to think of what search terms you might use to stumble across the item and include them in your listing.

Note: Don't bother with "WOW" "must see" etc in your title. I mean, when was the last time you typed in "WOW" to find an item on eBay?

And, fill in the item specifics. These help bring buyers to your listings through eBay's search features.

Also, social media. When you view items on eBay, there are little buttons that you can share on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you have accounts on these, use them to cross promote your items. Twitter has been especially productive for me, since items get retweeted and sent out to more and more potential buyers!

Best of luck!

Seagull
08-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Make your listings look the same style, like the same size of font, the same colors, have as many pics of the as you can do (ebay lets to have 12 free of charge), have detailed description of the item. Many buyers like to buy if they see "free shipping".

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1