WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Is it a bad idea for me to join?

Atlantic
06-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I've fallen in love with Scentsy and can't stop buying new products. I originally wanted to buy from someone local but there were no consultants. Which made me think maybe I should just sell it.

I have two month old twins, a two year old, and I work part time. The extra money wouldn't be critical -just a nice to have. But is it a waste to join unless you're willing to put in a lot of time and attention. If I'm being completely honest, I'm not...I would be a much more casual consultant - hope to capture some web leads (how do people do this successfully?) and would be willing to try out a craft fair.

Would love your insights and wisdom!

Tara P
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Absolutely not a waste to join. Why not get paid on your own purchases and help other people buy Scentsy from you! With the flexible requirements to stay a consultant, now would be an excellent time for you, especially with your busy life. If you have an any questions, I would love to help you!

Atlantic
06-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Absolutely not a waste to join. Why not get paid on your own purchases and help other people buy Scentsy from you! With the flexible requirements to stay a consultant, now would be an excellent time for you, especially with your busy life. If you have an any questions, I would love to help you!

What are there reqs to stay?

Atlantic
06-14-2012, 02:49 AM
What are there reqs to stay?

*there should read "the"

Tara P
06-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Here's the new policy requirements to be a scentsy consultant.

Consultants who do not achieve the requirement of 150 points in PRV during at least one month in a consecutive three-month period will lose their downlines but not their accounts. Their downlines will roll up to their Sponsor in this case.

No accounts will be cancelled until after December 31. Scentsy will process account cancellations only once each year, on January 1, for accounts with zero PRV points during the six-month period from July 1 through December 31. So all you need to have in sales from this time frame is only $1.

This change in policy means those Consultants who love Scentsy but who are not able to achieve 150 points in PRV during at least one month in a consecutive three-month period can continue to sell Scentsy. We believe this change will allow more Consultants to stay with Scentsy and make the most of our flexible, rewarding business .

I would love to help you get started!

LAscents
06-14-2012, 06:29 PM
You only need to sell $1 any time between July 1 - Dec. 31 to stay a consultant. Scentsy is a great company for the casual seller or mostly personal user. Many of us started out with that goal, dabble a little, see what happens. Most get hooked and want more. But for those who are happy to just place personal orders now and then, we're happy to have those members on our teams too.

cybermommy
06-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Not a bad idea at all! You can earn off whatever you sell or use personally and the best thing (or one of the best things!) is that there is no set strict criteria ...it fits in with you..so now could be very laid back and flexible..and who knows you may want to ramp it up in the future as your situation allows :)

kainsley\
06-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Joining Scentsy is never a bad idea for all the reasons listed above & many more! Hope you'll join us!

Lexilou
06-17-2012, 07:19 AM
It is not a bad idea to join at all! Even if you don't put alot of time into it now, there is always the possibility that you will want to in the future. I have been doing it part-time and I am getting ready to cut down on my "job" hours so that I can put more focus on my Scentsy business. I am soooo excited! Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

MrsSlowpoke
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
I would be happy working with Scentsy even if it were just for the perk of getting a 'discount.' But the pay, the interest, the incentives, all of these have been an amazing help to my family! And I don't have to spend ALL WEEK working my business to bring in a decent amount! I'm on the "Not a bad idea" side of the fence! It's $99 to start and your kit it well worth more than that! It's a win all around in my book!

Christine-LDN wickless
06-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Scentsy has been a big blessing to me. I've seen your other thread and glad you found a sponsor to help you in your journey!!

Jolly
06-26-2012, 10:49 PM
what is in the kit? any pix or links?

LAscents
06-27-2012, 06:14 AM
If you click on any one of our Scentsy links in our signature, then click JOIN you'll see the contents of the starter kit.

CinnaShoppe
06-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Our kit has over $200 in products and supplies to get you started! It is wonderful and you CAN start your business with just what comes in the box. The best part about my box day was smelling all the testers! (coffee beans are a must here!) Hope you have lots of luck and feel free to message me with any questions :)
Angie :)

christyvw2004
07-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I originally joined 3 yrs ago to keep my mother and I in wax. I cant begin to say how much that has changed. I was even fortunate enough to earn our incentive trip to the Dominic Republic. If you love the product the initial investment of $99 is worth it. You get that much plus more just in product. And you never know where it will take you. Good luck and take the plunge!

cybermommy
07-03-2012, 02:04 AM
The pay plan ...the company ethics...the potential to progress faster and stronger than many other home businesses allow is amazing.
Add to that the real sense of friendship and support that exists within Scentsy...I have never regretted joining for a second :-)

Good luck with your journey !

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1