WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Web Based sales?

Rain Ish
06-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I personally stick to doing web sales vs parties. I do some occasionally, but i don't do many due to being busy. So, does anyone else do mainly web based sales? If so, do you have any ideas on how to help it grow? Also, can you make a Facebook page for your scentsy site? I'm not for sure if you can or not, I know there's some advertising you can't do. Any feed back would be great! :)

kainsley\
06-06-2012, 06:32 AM
You can make a FB page, but there are several policies around it. Be sure to read the P&P before you start building your page.

LAscents
06-06-2012, 08:07 AM
I've been with Scentsy since 2006 and do strictly online. There's a document in Resources in your workstation that clearly defines the FB policies.

Rain Ish
06-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh Okay! Thank you, I wasn't aware. :)

cybermommy
06-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Various ways to market online and generate sales...quite a few do Adwords to generate exposure and gain new customers that may not have found them otherwise.
I do this now and again as my budget allows but also concentrate on blogging and organic promotion to get my name out there :)

MamaJ
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
I tend to do almost all my sales online although this month I did have a couple of parties. Twitter has really helped with it as well as Facebook.

MrsSlowpoke
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
I work all of my business on Facebook (within p&p's). It's frustrating when reps from other companies can come online and promote their personal specials and we can't, but it's all within good reason and I do excellent business online!

Christine-LDN wickless
06-23-2012, 11:56 AM
I do quite a lot of online with Scentsy

Things I'd recommend:

1- Give more than you take. Google in order for you to get found needs content....good content and a lot of it. Share your content on all social media sites as possible but don't always promote your own stuff. Do shoutouts on a Friday on Twitter, etc for other businesses. Have posts that aren't business related but that are fun and inspiring. Your selling yourself just as much as Scentsy. You're also creating an energy for your business online and you want it positive.

2- Be yourself. It will show up in your posts if you're not.

3- Keep it simple. Simple website design, simple posts, SIMPLICITY. Google likes simplicity.

4- Make your external website different somehow. There's a lot of Scentsy peeps you need to be unique. Google likes unique. Easiest way to be unique is through blogging.

5- Adwords...only 25% of people click on Adwords. Adwords can help when you're trying to improve your rankings, occasionally need an extra push or want to supplement your organic work. Research and understand about keywords and use them in everything...completely down to your FB and Twitter posts.

Hope this helps. x

MrsSlowpoke
06-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Those are really great tips! Thank you!

LAscents
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM
If you opt to do Adwords, just do your research. I know some Scentsy consultants who are spending literally thousands of dollars each month on pay per click ads and many of those clicks are made by current consultants who are either curious or who know you get have to pay for each click. Organic marketing (vs. paid advertising) is a smarter way to go unless you're prepared with a hefty monthly advertising budget.

CinnaShoppe
06-24-2012, 07:27 AM
I agree LA! I've noticed on my analytics that most clicks spend 0 minutes on my site and and are from all over the country. So I have to assume that they are current consultants trying to bump up their ads. Thank goodness I only spent $30 on adwords and I will not be doing it again!

Christine-LDN wickless
06-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Its really really bad Karma for those consultants to do that IMO

MamaJ
07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I haven't had much luck with Adwords either.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1