WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Dugsmom
06-01-2012, 08:33 AM
I used to homeschool my son years ago and it was the best thing I ever did for him. When he was in 5th, he begged me to let him go to public school (he's an only child and had no friends or family nearby so it was a lonely time for him).
We used the Time For Learning Program which was so awesome and easy to use. Sadly, they don't offer lessons for 9th graders. My son will be in 9th next year. His grades this year have fallen so low (48 in math...how sad is that?) so I am going to homeschool him this summer. I need a good program that isn't boring and something online since the kids nowadays love to be online. I think it would be easier to get him to do the work online than to sit at a desk flipping thru workbooks.
Any recommendations for a great online homeschooling program would be GREATLY appreciated!

4boys
06-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I have found that Khan Academy is a fun way to learn Math online. khanacademy.org

We are in Utah, so we have a lot of different online schools to choose from. Where do you live?

getrichmom
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
My Kids are in K12. They go all the way to highschool . Its an accredited virtual school system They take state issued standardized tests and they have real teacher sthat hold class online and th kids have to attend.
I also tried Time for Learning a few years back. I prefer the structure here a little bit more.

HTH

blessings2all
06-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I agree with Getrichmom. K12 is what we use and it is a great program. They have a wonderful curriculum. They have a lot of options for high school students as far as classes go. My dds have taken web design, digital art, game design, 3D art, and audio engineering. My oldest is taking entrepreneurship classes next year. I am very excited for her. Hope this helps.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1